• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A Blessed Season Comes To A Close!

Seekbigger

SH Member
Well fellows I finished up the season with an Ohio hunt yesterday, season goes out there on Sunday but I could only hunt Friday. Me and a church Brother went up for the day, hunted public and private land, sat most of the day. He saw three does in the am sit, I saw nothing! We moved spots for the afternoon, got back in the tree about 2:00, at 4:30 the woods came alive. First deer through was a huge doe, walked right through on my weak side, done an over the bridge yoga move, gave a maaahhh sound, she stops right in the perfect window, 19 yards, settled and let sail…. Perfect, she literally ran 30 yards and fell over, didn’t even wiggle. I’m always glad to make shots that result in as little suffering as possible! After the shot, here comes another deer, it’s a huge bodied deer, I realize it’s a buck but has already shed his horns, what a bummer! Then within 5 minutes here comes a young 4 pointer, who walked toward the doe that was lying dead and decides to blow and run off, but offering multiple shot opportunities before leaving, which I passed on! Few moments later here comes three does through not offering a shot, 10 minutes after that while packing up another doe comes in, almost offering a shot but barely slips by. One of my most exciting hunts ever, and I think I got some good video footage as well! God has surely smiled down on me this season, I killed a nice buck, my son killed a nice buck and we have plenty of meat for the freezer, looking forward to what the next season holds! Thanks for reading and God Bless!
IMG_1967.jpegIMG_1893.jpegIMG_1889.jpegIMG_1421.jpeg

Well fellows I finished up the season with an Ohio hunt yesterday, season goes out there on Sunday but I could only hunt Friday. Me and a church Brother went up for the day, hunted public and private land, sat most of the day. He saw three does in the am sit, I saw nothing! We moved spots for the afternoon, got back in the tree about 2:00, at 4:30 the woods came alive. First deer through was a huge doe, walked right through on my weak side, done an over the bridge yoga move, gave a maaahhh sound, she stops right in the perfect window, 19 yards, settled and let sail…. Perfect, she literally ran 30 yards and fell over, didn’t even wiggle. I’m always glad to make shots that result in as little suffering as possible! After the shot, here comes another deer, it’s a huge bodied deer, I realize it’s a buck but has already shed his horns, what a bummer! Then within 5 minutes here comes a young 4 pointer, who walked toward the doe that was lying dead and decides to blow and run off, but offering multiple shot opportunities before leaving, which I passed on! Few moments later here comes three does through not offering a shot, 10 minutes after that while packing up another doe comes in, almost offering a shot but barely slips by. One of my most exciting hunts ever, and I think I got some good video footage as well! God has surely smiled down on me this season, I killed a nice buck, my son killed a nice buck and we have plenty of meat for the freezer, looking forward to what the next season holds! Thanks for reading and God Bless!
View attachment 99403View attachment 99404View attachment 99405View attachment 99406
Good Job but it Looks Like You Were Hunting a High Fence Restricted Are! JK...

Good Job but it Looks Like You Were Hunting a High Fence Restricted Are! JK...
lol I was hunting next to a high fence restriction area. Matter of fact if a deer gets in there after a shot they won’t even let you recover it. Seems unlikely to happen but there is a few places where deer can get in!

Back