• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Added storage

Swampfox

Last year I started skinning my deer in the woods rather than dragging them out. I found that my Alps “pathfinder” pack was just shy of being able to haul all the meat and a set of horns out the woods in one trip. So to improvise I made another stuff bag that attaches to the front of the pack. This should add enough storage to be able to haul out the deboned meat of a 200lb deer. The reasoning for front storage was to balance out my weight from front to back.
I also found out that the current meat bag that attaches to the back will swing due to the bottom not being attached to the main bag. I remedied this problem with some straps and buckles that’ll double as attachment point for sticks. Not bad for the small amount of space they take up when not in use.

a43776aa0872bcbb199d17c4a7bd480f.jpg
ceb59c60a95fc54ee2bb349320ca1a38.jpg
2de395f0dac453d92c8d5c9c0d2c1241.jpg
7d88669df7fd442e52220154594fa6ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is the gray bag on the back a game bag that comes with the pack or did you add that on also?

Last year I started skinning my deer in the woods rather than dragging them out. I found that my Alps “pathfinder” pack was just shy of being able to haul all the meat and a set of horns out the woods in one trip. So to improvise I made another stuff bag that attaches to the front of the pack. This should add enough storage to be able to haul out the deboned meat of a 200lb deer. The reasoning for front storage was to balance out my weight from front to back.
I also found out that the current meat bag that attaches to the back will swing due to the bottom not being attached to the main bag. I remedied this problem with some straps and buckles that’ll double as attachment point for sticks. Not bad for the small amount of space they take up when not in use.

a43776aa0872bcbb199d17c4a7bd480f.jpg
ceb59c60a95fc54ee2bb349320ca1a38.jpg
2de395f0dac453d92c8d5c9c0d2c1241.jpg
7d88669df7fd442e52220154594fa6ce.jpg

It came with the pack but I added the black straps to the bottom

Cool idea

I like that it provides balance front to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pathfinder as well, often wondered how to get a little more out of it, this is a great idea. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back