• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adding grip for Silent Approach platform

BBlue

Hi all- just recently took delivery of my first saddle (kestrel) last week and am fired up to start practicing positioning and shooting. I just ordered the Silent Apporoach saddle platform and gave it it’s first trial run today.
Setting up seems very straight forward and position for the variois shots is beginning to make some sense.

I am curious if anyone has come up with any creative and durable methods for adding a bit more grip/traction to the steps.
I’m beginning to look into different grip tape for skateboards or industrial anti skid adhesive tapes but am always skeptical about getting a good adhesion with the plastic. Anyone have any experience with making these a little rougher?
Thanks! Great site and great info here!

I would think the grip tape would work. Its cheap enough that if it doesn't hold up your not out much. Although I would think it may cause some unwanted noise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

220grt, wipe with denatured alcohol, Spray truck bead liner

Last edited:
Hi all- just recently took delivery of my first saddle (kestrel) last week and am fired up to start practicing positioning and shooting. I just ordered the Silent Apporoach saddle platform and gave it it’s first trial run today.
Setting up seems very straight forward and position for the variois shots is beginning to make some sense.

I am curious if anyone has come up with any creative and durable methods for adding a bit more grip/traction to the steps.
I’m beginning to look into different grip tape for skateboards or industrial anti skid adhesive tapes but am always skeptical about getting a good adhesion with the plastic. Anyone have any experience with making these a little rougher?
Thanks! Great site and great info here!
Wondering if you ever found a way to add more grip to these steps? I'm thinking of getting a set of steps and the platform

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Back