• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aiders….. Carry as you go?

BuffaloBill

SH Member
Jan 20, 2019
Indiana

I just got one of these. Haven't tried it out but it seems easier than trying to get your footing into an aider coming down the tree.

Reactions: Plebe

enkriss

SH Member
Sep 13, 2018

I just got one of these. Haven't tried it out but it seems easier than trying to get your footing into an aider coming down the tree.

Seems easier but trying to get the versa tag over the button mid step down has its own challenges.

Reactions: Knik

BuffaloBill

SH Member
Jan 20, 2019
Indiana
Seems easier but trying to get the versa tag over the button mid step down has its own challenges.

I can see that. I’ll give it a shot. I’m also kind of paranoid about the extra stress on the hardware even though I’m not a huge guy (175ish).

enkriss

SH Member
Sep 13, 2018
With that said I am going to try out a versa aider on each foot with custom gear compacts from each step as I climb.. Let’s hope it doesn’t end with a trip to the hospital….lol

Westdesign03

SH Member
Nov 3, 2019
Ohio
I got mine from Custom Gear Modifications. Got their 3 step movable aider in the top step version. I’m real happy with it. Only planning on using it at ground level.

Reactions: Plebe

Bowtie747

SH Member
Aug 3, 2021
Ohio
With that said I am going to try out a versa aider on each foot with custom gear compacts from each step as I climb.. Let’s hope it doesn’t end with a trip to the hospital….lol
That a grade 8 bolt or are yours the new ones where it’s machined in?

bigmike23

Jan 29, 2020
NE PA

Used it for 3 years now. Without question the best aider I've ever used. Can't think of a single reason to use anything else