• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Alps Hybrid X pack Modication

Swampfox

Not sure how many people are using this pack as it’s a new product this year, but for those of you that are, below is a picture of the mods I made.
Coming from the Alps pathfinder pack with the turkey pouches, I knew that chest pouches are quite the luxury for storing items while walking. Wether it’s tree tacks, gps, range finder, compass, head lamp, phone, etc... I can quickly access or store these items without having to remove the pack from my back to get to the compartment in which they would be kept.

To accessorize the pack with these pockets I purchased an Allen fishing vest and removed the main harness straps. I then fastened the buckles onto the face of the packs shoulder straps.
It was a rather quick mod although I did have to sew the tag ends of the straps to keep them from sliding through the buckles. You may notice where the bottom of the pockets meet the waist belt of the pack is a piece of rubber coated wire to temporarily fasten the pockets and keeping them from swinging away from my body. Once I figure the exact placement i want the pockets to attach I’ll either sew or fasten them with a buckle. Anyhow hope this helps some of you...

c938e8297b08066c6ef71814ab577d4a.jpg

Man I really like that idea. I was looking at some different Alps packs myself. Nothing aggravates me more than having to take my pack off to remove stuff on outside to get to some compartment to get one thing. I like the idea of being able to access certain things that I like to carry while my pack stays on my back. I'm going to see if I can modify the ghetto pack 2000 with some stuff like this. Next time we get together I want to see this pack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back