• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel Brummel Lock ?

Mag1

Quick question on doing a Brummel lock. Can you do one side around say a saddle loop? I’m actually trying to make my own soft fid for trying to make up some predator eye splices, and need to loop it thru the finger trap type material while making the lock. I thought you could do one side, but I cannot figure out the correct wording on a google search to get any results........ justbseen another post on g2’s video, I’ll have to recheck that one. It’s been awhile.
Thanks

Last edited:
You can do the lock on one side. The other side needs to be lock stitched. It needs to be sewn in to have a lock on both sides (like the Mantis) or use a carabiner or similar on the other side

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You can also do a whoopie sling on that 2nd side. It will not need stitched and the bridge length will be adjustable.
If you decide to do a lock stitch, I highly recommend you stitch it with a contrasting color of cord. If you use cord that blends with the color of the Amsteel, its really hard to undo and remove it in the event you need to shorten the bridge. Cord of the same color makes you almost destroy the Amsteel when you try to snip/remove the stitch.

Last edited:
what material is acceptable for a lock stitch? does it have to be the zing it? i'm thinking some of the thick speedy stitcher stuff, but don't know if that would be sufficient.

Back