• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel suspender idea

Canderson

I didn’t like the idea of buying elastic, bouncy suspenders that would possibly make my saddle sag. I made these out of 7/64 amsteel. Came out pretty good, I think. C2951F50-E659-45DF-BC60-FCF623D35A79.jpegA66B7B1C-4FB6-40D2-9E0E-00F554E39271.jpeg

Following. Presently DIYing my own set of webbing suspenders. Actually making it for my fanny pack to double as a gear strap. Inspired by the BK outdoors suspenders

I didn’t like the idea of buying elastic, bouncy suspenders that would possibly make my saddle sag. I made these out of 7/64 amsteel. Came out pretty good, I think. View attachment 61050View attachment 61051

Is the front a whoopie sling on each side?

I’ve done something similar as a sling pack. And have considered doing same for suspenders as multi use item. I like your single connection point in back.

nice work

Is the front a whoopie sling on each side?

I’ve done something similar as a sling pack. And have considered doing same for suspenders as multi use item. I like your single connection point in back.

nice work
I got 2 plastic carabiners from Eastern Woods Outdoors for the front. I made two amsteel dog bones, had to make the loops for the carabiners first then made the loops on the saddle itself on the backside suspender loop on the saddle. Then made two brummels into itself because it felt like the shoulder straps were going to slide off. I wore it around the house for about an hour so it feels very comfortable believe it or not!

Back