• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another thread injector

sojourner

SH Member
Since I already have two 15–91’s, one 15-90 clone, I needed, read wanted, zig zag stitching.

So I got a Singer 237 in a case (FB Market Place). Cleaned a metric crap ton of lint off, oiled it up good, and now it is working.

Belt is dry rotting. Over time, I’ll get a belt and a more powerful motor. And the “race cover” I think it is called (holds the bobbin assembly) is cracking (freaking plastic). I’ll superglue it and baby it while looking for replacements.

I have some plans for stretchy neoprene for gear covers and thought zig zag stitches would be good.

c0029b4e57a6ff67abec6368bb6e9d23.jpg

62fc9146780a0cb40afbd8f62346e445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I already have two 15–91’s, one 15-90 clone, I needed, read wanted, zig zag stitching.

So I got a Singer 237 in a case (FB Market Place). Cleaned a metric crap ton of lint off, oiled it up good, and now it is working.

Belt is dry rotting. Over time, I’ll get a belt and a more powerful motor. And the “race cover” I think it is called (holds the bobbin assembly) is cracking (freaking plastic). I’ll superglue it and baby it while looking for replacements.

I have some plans for stretchy neoprene for gear covers and thought zig zag stitches would be good.

c0029b4e57a6ff67abec6368bb6e9d23.jpg

62fc9146780a0cb40afbd8f62346e445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also came in a case vs table. Takes up way less space. Have you ran it yet?

Also came in a case vs table. Takes up way less space. Have you ran it yet?

Yes, after removing all the lint, cleaning and oiling it. Straight and zig zag stitching works on light thread with 18 needles. I think there may be an issue with the thread tensioner. But I read there is an easy fix (YouTube Andy Tube channel has lots of good info on it). I need to replace the belt. Toying with the idea of a new motor, but I’ll hold off on that for now.

Andy Tube

Going to order some parts for it and my 15’s today.

I plan on trying to sew stretchy neoprene or medical grade stretchy material to make monocular case and flashlight holder. Everything i read stated zig zag is good for stretchy material.

I am trying to be methodical / incremental in my gear fabricating. Not going to start injecting the expensive saddle materials until i feel I am ready for it. In the meantime, fixing, getting raw materials and practicing on cheap material with cheap thread.

It may take me longer to get there, but I am making progress almost every day.

Back