• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone else have noisy sticks when used as part of platform.

Ill admit it was my first time using the stick as a step in my platform. Worked great except for the noisy it made everytime i shifted my weight. Im a big guy 6'2'' 300 lbs so Im maxing out my sticks but while climbing they are silent its just when shifting weight off of them to my other steps. I know a simple solution is to not use it but and use more steps above it. I have the Big Game Aerolite sticks, look the same as the Muddy sticks with original hardware. Would switching to a rope attachment help with the noise. It sounds like its the straps making the noise.

I even tried resting my heels on the steps while most of the weight was on the screw ins and it was still creaking from little weight. It was really comfortable that way but cant using it when every little shift off the stick makes noise. Yesterday it was even worse than the other night for noise.

I also have the same issue with my Leverage sticks, so I plan on using one Stepp Ladder as my "platform" and screw in steps on the side and back.

Back