• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone else seeing this

Michaellittle

I did the mod on my hand climber and put it on a tree this morning. Anyone else seeing the arm move in that much after doing the mod. I'm about 230lbs.
e1c18019daac7068d2d7d7586b969314.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The kinked traction belt is one thing LW is VERY specific about in their directions...that their is how they fail...

What were the odds that the guy ( me) that invented this mod would be the 1st guy to see your post ! WTH

No i haven't seen that yet. I weigh 205 lbs. They're are 3 of us that use them (my crew) no issues yet.

I did the mod on my hand climber and put it on a tree this morning. Anyone else seeing the arm move in that much after doing the mod. I'm about 230lbs.
e1c18019daac7068d2d7d7586b969314.jpg

Are your arm past/ more than 50 degrees? Obviously the more verticle the arm, the more leverage it would have to fold in.

Take it apart and see what happened.

Hmmmm, show me the drill hole...... Even with the arm in the stock location, it's not a ton of extra surface area and it's rated at 350 lbs.

Stan weighs 225 lbs. George and i have stood on mine together. Did you bounce on it?

Hmmmm, show me the drill hole...... Even with the arm in the stock location, it's not a ton of extra surface area and it's rated at 350 lbs.

Stan weighs 225 lbs. George and i have stood on mine together. Did you bounce on it?
Didn't bounce on it. I was about 3 feet off the ground just hanging in my Kestrel.

Did I bring the arm up to high
b05d57d3a2e2efaa6c1a70d4572fa336.jpg

Your measurement looks spot on. If it looks solid after inspection and you feel safe, use it. Honestly without a cross brace (like the LW platform) I'm sure mine flexes. The heavier you are the more flex for sure.

You could do a test and remove the bolts and rest the arms in the stock location. See if you have any flex. Bounce on it, see what happens. It will have more surface area that way. Also you could put you and 120 lbs on it to check for flex. Maxxxed out at 350 lbs.

You could do a test and remove the bolts and rest the arms in the stock location. See if you have any flex. Bounce on it, see what happens. It will have more surface area that way. Also you could put you and 120 lbs on it to check for flex. Maxxxed out at 350 lbs.

Crossbar mod coming soon, big boy edition lol... if nothing is cracked, I'm sure it's fine. Bet ours does it too...Keep me posted

watching your mod right now. keep me posted on new mod.

I'm joking about me doing a crossbar mod but you could add one of you want. My modded hand climber works great. If it's a weight issue, you could always use a lone wolf platform with the crossbar. Just cut the front of the stand off to your liking. This is all DIY at the end of the day. The beauty is your always tethered to the tree for safety no matter what climbing method you use.

I have the Assault Hand Climber Combo and the bottom is easier to climb with. It weighs about 10lbs with back pack straps. It would be nice to pack in the 3.5 to 4 lb hand climber strapped to my back pack though.

I have the Assault Hand Climber Combo and the bottom is easier to climb with. It weighs about 10lbs with back pack straps. It would be nice to pack in the 3.5 to 4 lb hand climber strapped to my back pack though.
Heard thatScreenshot_20190703-080323.jpg

I put a coupler nut for the arms on the hand climber to come down against. Worked fine for me. I think I will order the longer traction belt for bigger trees. Placed my foot straps toward the front so I don’t have to point my toes as far down when I raise and lower the platform. Got plenty clearance on the traction belt that way. Attaches to my pack wonderfully.

I put a coupler nut for the arms on the hand climber to come down against. Worked fine for me. I think I will order the longer traction belt for bigger trees. Placed my foot straps toward the front so I don’t have to point my toes as far down when I raise and lower the platform. Got plenty clearance on the traction belt that way. Attaches to my pack wonderfully.

How are you liking the spikes you added?

Back