• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone use or heard anything about broadside camo.?

Last year I bought as much scent lok vertigo grey camo i could because they no longer make that pattern, which uses a similar idea to this pattern. I absolutely love it. Such a great pattern for those hunting in trees.

That explains why I can’t find any vertigo grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains why I can’t find any vertigo grey

Ya, i started buying it up when they had it on the closeout deals. You may still be able to find some on their wesbite for upward to 70% off. (maybe). I called them and they explained that pattern is no longer being made, which made me sad because it is such a great pattern for bowhunters.

Well I just ordered a closer set so I’ll revisit this thread after it comes in with my opinions. I like the pattern for the type of trees I hunt from. Mainly being live oaks or black gums here in Florida.

Well I just ordered a closer set so I’ll revisit this thread after it comes in with my opinions. I like the pattern for the type of trees I hunt from. Mainly being live oaks or black gums here in Florida.

Cool. Looks like a great pattern. Interested in hearing about the materials, construction, etc

My Broadside camo arrived today and to say I’m impressed is an understatement. The pattern looks just like the website shows. Very broken and clean. The fabric is very slick and quite. It has plenty of stretch to it also. The face mask is well made with a flared design so it’s only tight on your face where the elastic is. The glove are nice also with the same stretch material as the other garments. I do think if one is looking for something to bust brush in they may not be for you as I believe that they would pull relatively easily but for open woods and tree stand hunting I will definitely recommend it. I’m thinking of getting the vapor set also to have for the rainy hunts. I did ask about hoodies and the owner said he was thinking about adding them. Just didn’t say when.

My Broadside camo arrived today and to say I’m impressed is an understatement. The pattern looks just like the website shows. Very broken and clean. The fabric is very slick and quite. It has plenty of stretch to it also. The face mask is well made with a flared design so it’s only tight on your face where the elastic is. The glove are nice also with the same stretch material as the other garments. I do think if one is looking for something to bust brush in they may not be for you as I believe that they would pull relatively easily but for open woods and tree stand hunting I will definitely recommend it. I’m thinking of getting the vapor set also to have for the rainy hunts. I did ask about hoodies and the owner said he was thinking about adding them. Just didn’t say when.
Just came across this wile looking on google about this camo. My question for you living in Florida is how breathable is the suit? Here in sc season starts in August and it’s hot and very humid. I’m looking for a camo that can breath very well for the long walks in. Thanks

Ours opens mid sept and the doe I killed on opening day wearing it was 101* with a real feel of 109*. It is fairly breathable. Very similar to a dry fit type material on the shirts and pants. If you hunt in live oaks or bay type swamps it’s jam up. Pine rows or later I go for my ASAT leafy.

Is is polyester, spandex, Lycra or a blend of these? If so, my experience is that it will start to stink rapidly in hot weather.

My order shipped out today, the versa lite. I will be hunting in SC in August so I will repost after I hunt in 90 degree weather. I am pretty excited about it, I have not bought any camo in quite some time.

For awhile I was running the $15-$20 camo ambush shirts from Midwayusa. They are poly spandex blend. No matter what I did, I would stink by the time I got in and up. Nixed it and went merino blend.

My order shipped out today, the versa lite. I will be hunting in SC in August so I will repost after I hunt in 90 degree weather. I am pretty excited about it, I have not bought any camo in quite some time.
Which county are you going to be hunting in here in September? Trying to get a buddy I know to let me hunt with him in Charleston. He has some property there. Game management doesn’t open till September unfortunately! Let me know about the camo also if it has a problem with smell like mentioned above. I’m looking at different types but I like the looks of this one for sure!

Back