• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone using the Piglet bow light?

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
Been eyeing this setup for almost three years. Looking to do some predator and vermin hunting. February in particular is coyote-ugly around here and we have a local noise ordnance after a certain time, so I would like to be able to hit them with both firearms and archery equipment.
Besides, sometimes I have trouble getting to sleep and I live where I hunt, soooooo……2am coyote hunts might be my new thing.
Anyone have experience with the Piglet?
Photos, stories, whatever.
Thanks in advance!
https://elusivewildlife.com/piglet-hd-bow-light-package-pro/

I have one for my compound for shooting pigs at night and love it when it works. I’ve had trouble with my light switches for it. But let record show I’ve had mine for 4-5 years now too they have released newer models since then. I will say for mine though if you plan to be close bow range the clicking of the light switch is fairly loud. I’ve had skiddish pigs get nervous and bolt briefly from it.

I have one for my compound for shooting pigs at night and love it when it works. I’ve had trouble with my light switches for it. But let record show I’ve had mine for 4-5 years now too they have released newer models since then. I will say for mine though if you plan to be close bow range the clicking of the light switch is fairly loud. I’ve had skiddish pigs get nervous and bolt briefly from it.
All good info. Green or red light work best for you? Kill any coyotes with it?

Red has always been my go too it doesn’t mess with your night sight near as bad. I’ve also never even used the other colors too try but I can tell you just walking out and shinning animals with red light once get past the initial light turning on animals tend to calm down fairly quick. I’ve only shined coyotes one time but it was a big pack that were chasing a rabbit around my stand so they weren’t worried about a light at all.

Red has always been my go too it doesn’t mess with your night sight near as bad. I’ve also never even used the other colors too try but I can tell you just walking out and shinning animals with red light once get past the initial light turning on animals tend to calm down fairly quick. I’ve only shined coyotes one time but it was a big pack that were chasing a rabbit around my stand so they weren’t worried about a light at all.
This tracks with what I’ve experienced using red light walking to/from stand. Bedded deer just think I’m a squirrel climbing the tree with a red headlamp on in the dark.
How about your pins? Do you have any trouble seeing them or do you illuminate somehow?

This tracks with what I’ve experienced using red light walking to/from stand. Bedded deer just think I’m a squirrel climbing the tree with a red headlamp on in the dark.
How about your pins? Do you have any trouble seeing them or do you illuminate somehow?
My pins usually no issue if I can’t see them light up I can at the least silhouette the pin bracket itself and tell where the pin is. But I do know illuminating your pins with light can help if you have trouble seeing them.

Pretty big fan of EWT stuff. I have a bow-light from them, never really used it as such, but that was "pre-Piglet" lol. I used there stuff pretty heavily when I was into predator hunting for rifles and shotguns! I still use a XLR100 (2 brightness levels) in red as a backup walking flashlight, and my dedicated tracking light is still an EWT Track-R.

Pretty big fan of EWT stuff. I have a bow-light from them, never really used it as such, but that was "pre-Piglet" lol. I used there stuff pretty heavily when I was into predator hunting for rifles and shotguns! I still use a XLR100 (2 brightness levels) in red as a backup walking flashlight, and my dedicated tracking light is still an EWT Track-R.
thanks for the reply! That’s a good vote in favor.

Back