• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arsenal Platform

That might cost me a few dollars :tearsofjoy: if I recall correctly the regular is pretty close spec wise to my x- wing but with some way cool features and a more traditional shape, which I thought I might try this year.

The machining and finish look great. And Ergal is a step up in aluminum quality.

Anyone know what the deal is with the dog ears? Looks like they are fitted and bolted from below, right?

One thing I'm not a fan of is the traction; the raised tooth style seems to be more noisy and it sounded like it in the video.

Personally, I wish they made one that was deeper and thicker (more rigid).

I am interested in these, even though I am going mostly mobile treestand hybrid style. Love how flat it folds…wow! The bronze looks awesome and I’m finding I'm a sucker for high quality clean machined parts (go Beast stand!) my one worry with it is that the top piece has no teeth. I agree with the guy and wish it had at least a tooth or 2 on each side. Maybe there’s a reason to not have them but I can’t think of one. Im not an engineer either so what do I know. Going to watch these though. Looking forward to seeing them in person in Kalamazoo.

I really like how flat it folds. That in itself temps me but I need another platform like a hole in my head (2 predators, 2 EDPs and a OOAL Scout). I personally don't see too much issue with only two teeth on the upper standoff. I think it will only really matter on pretty severely leaning trees where it only engages one side. On most trees the upper standoff only engages two teeth anyway.

Perhaps my biggest concern is the lack of additional reinforcment on the Rzr at the rear platform "triangles" where the teeth are. It reminds me of the Gen1 Predators. They were fine loaded normally against the tree but their weakness was the bending stress from the camming action, especially if they were toe hooked so that a lot of downward force was applied to the ends of those legs. This seems to have a similar cross-section. Maybe the machined 7075 is that much stronger or the cross section is greater (its hard to tell from just the photos) but I think it remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I really like how flat it folds. That in itself temps me but I need another platform like a hole in my head (2 predators, 2 EDPs and a OOAL Scout).

Perhaps my biggest concern is the lack of additional reinforcment on the Rzr at the rear platform "triangles" where the teeth are. It reminds me of the Gen1 Predators. They were fine loaded normally against the tree but their weakness was the bending stress from the camming action, especially if they were toe hooked so that a lot of downward force was applied to the ends of those legs. This seems to have a similar cross-section. Maybe the machined 7075 is that much stronger or the cross section is greater (its hard to tell from just the photos) but I think it remains to be seen.

Much stronger than the thin cast of the predator

I’m upset by this.

Only because this platform looks amazing and I just purchased a LWCG Fix 2 months ago. I would have purchased one of these instead. Love the attachment method. Everything looks amazing, minus the noisy traction. Really curious to see some reviews on these. Might have to list my Fix in the classifieds…

So who's buying one at the expo this Friday?

Back