• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ASL

JSEXTON23

Well, I went and did it. I managed to make a trade for a Northern Mist Classic. This is my first ASL. So far, pretty sweet bow. The kind gentleman who traded it to me cannot be thanked enough. This is actually the make and model I’ve wanted for quite side time now. To make it even more interesting, this bow has some history.

57#@30”. I’m drawing about 28” and hitting right at 49-51#. Obviously I need to practice to get a consistent draw length. 54C2BACB-4053-4D89-88A4-ACED53808F2A.png

That white is awesome! Love the look of the white with the wood. Super “classic” looking.

Beautiful bow! I love the Green and white. I have a Northern Mist Classic, 56# @ 28" and had her out today shooting from various ranges and positions. You are going to love it, I would bet. ASL bows are very forgiving. Do you use a Hill style glove?

Guess it’s not white,,, my bad! I just like the contrast! Man that’s sweet
You have it right. Green on the back and white on the belly.

Beautiful bow! I love the Green and white. I have a Northern Mist Classic, 56# @ 28" and had her out today shooting from various ranges and positions. You are going to love it, I would bet. ASL bows are very forgiving. Do you use a Hill style glove?
I shoot a tab. Not a fan of most gloves since they just seem so bulky.

Archery Accessories (howardhillarchery.com)

The Hill style glove just goes with an ASL like peanut butter goes with jelly. Hill gloves are very minimalist, so they are not really too bulky but the real advantage they have is the hard inserts in the finger stalls. They resist the bow string wearing a groove in the glove and allow you to get a good clean release. If you haven't already, pick up a copy of Howard Hill's Hunting the Hard Way. Congratulations on a great find.

Very cool. Always thought those were neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a pile of bows yesterday with my buddy who is just starting out. The ASL grabbed his interest right away. He's tall, with a long draw. The length of the bows and the slim profile won him over.

Love the looks of the ASL but just can't shoot them as my bow arm doesn't like them....I've had/tried most of the best ones and wish I could shoot them...Very cool bows.....

Back