• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back rest on guidos web

Bubbz00

Got my guidos web the other day. Been playing around with it now and absolutely love this saddle type system. This is my first one and wow did I learn quickly that I've been missing out on an excessive amount of shot positions by using a traditional type stand. The question I have is, has anyone removed the back portion of the web. I feel like if I could just have the shoulder straps and back adjustment belts this thing would be absolutely awesome for me. My opinion is the back is not needed and it's also hot so as of now when I get up in the tree I remove shoulder straps and loosen both back belts and just hang out. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Btw thanks to all the friendly helpful people on here. I'm so glad I came over to the "Dark Side" of tree saddle hunting. I have already sold half my traditional stands.

I have used one for years and I wouldn't remove the back. I think it wouldn't be as comfortable.

Yea I think I'll leave it alone and just loosen everything up for the hot weather hunting just as I've been doing while practicing with it

I don't use mine if it's above 60*. I just use my sit drag. The only time I take the web is if I can get up the tree in it, with the clothes i'm wearing for the hunt, and not sweat. But when I can use it, it's by far the most comfortable way of being in a tree I've ever used. the weight/not make me sweat of the sit drag in warmer temps trumps that comfort.

If you're going to cut the back out of it, just get a bosun chair

Back