• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Backwoods mobile gear hitch hiker

Estrn_hntr

SH Member
Dec 30, 2020
Anyone toting one of these small backpacks around? Not much on the web regarding reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska at Heart

Oct 2, 2023
West Michigan
I put a BWMG platform pack on my Christmas list and used it as the core of a carry system I've been working on this winter. Along with the platform pack, I added Tethrd shoulder straps and roll up pouch. Also a Trophyline rangefinder pouch. It tooks some experimentation to get all the connections to work out, but I believe I have it down as of this past Monday, when Amazon dropped off some split rings and Nite-Ize S-biners. This is what it looks like in the present iteration. With my EDP platform, 20" Beast Sticks, Sig RF and a few necessities such as field dressing kit, folding knife, headlamp and small flashlight, the entire rig weights a bit over 13#. FYI.....the roll up pouch is for carrying a vest or outer layer, plus the necessities listed above.

Attachments

• 224 BWMG EDP pack setup.jpg
    224 BWMG EDP pack setup.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: Estrn_hntr

Estrn_hntr

SH Member
Dec 30, 2020
I put a BWMG platform pack on my Christmas list and used it as the core of a carry system I've been working on this winter. Along with the platform pack, I added Tethrd shoulder straps and roll up pouch. Also a Trophyline rangefinder pouch. It tooks some experimentation to get all the connections to work out, but I believe I have it down as of this past Monday, when Amazon dropped off some split rings and Nite-Ize S-biners. This is what it looks like in the present iteration. With my EDP platform, 20" Beast Sticks, Sig RF and a few necessities such as field dressing kit, folding knife, headlamp and small flashlight, the entire rig weights a bit over 13#. FYI.....the roll up pouch is for carrying a vest or outer layer, plus the necessities listed above.

Neat looking setup! I ordered a hitch hiker to attach to my XOP retrograde stand. I may put a review here myself if nothing pops up before my backpack strap setup and hitch hiker shows up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mathhunter