• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast/novix/ trophyline one stick

cooperwafzig

I got an order in from EWO today and tried out the repelling/ one sticking type climbing. Trying to stay budget friendly since it's at end of season and I'm just trying it out. Messed around with it for about an hour or 2 today and realized what I thought may work just won't work well for me. I tried using webbing daisy chain and a 5 step aider as my climbing method and can't see myself doing it in the dark or all layered up.

Still trying to stay on the lower end of a budget I had another idea. Could I use a single trophyline mini , novix mini, or beast mini and just add a 3 step aider and the cam cleat to them? I wouldn't see why not but I'm also just starting the one sticking/ repelling thing out. I already have a trophyline edp platform that I really like so I could hang it off my saddle going up and coming down.
No hole beast minis are on sale so may pick one of them up to try out as they seem like they'd make the cheapest donor stick to make the mods to. Unless someone has a novix or trophyline single stick they would let go.

I use a XOP ultra double step with a Schaefer cam cleat and homemade 3 step aider. Works well. Probably not as good as one with a wire handle. I also use a mission platform as I'm a bigger guy and don't wanna deal with the small platform.

Cam cleat is needed. Don't try anything else. And make sure you have at least an aider of some type. Also Double steps are pretty much required as well. Wire rope is nice but not needed.

I ended up ordering a beast stick, 3 step aider, cam cleat, and rope mod for cam cleat. I've got some longer gear ties I can use for a handle

You are set. I prefer the 2 step aider. I can set the 3 step on the ground, but never used the 3rd step once I was climbing.

Back