• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Belt Bridge Linesmans belt Sit Drag combo

justsomedude

IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0102.JPG Ok

Got a Treehopper Linesmans Belt and cut off the rope/clasp.

Attached a Metolius Easy Daisy and 2 carabiners to use as my linesman tree strap. The easy daisy is just long enough to use on trees you can reach your arms around (56" plus carabiners) weighs just over 5 oz with my carabiners. Easy one handed adjustment. Only negative is that it is blue. Packs small.

My idea....attached to both d rings, I put the easy daisy strap behind my neck or just across one shoulder and use it like suspenders. Just clip the sit drag loops to each carabiner. Just pull the loops off the carabiners after you attach your bridge to the tether.

My bridge currently is webbing tied in a water knot leaving a generous tail

The Treehopper D rings just need to be taped to get rid of clanking. The easy daisy attachments are soft.

Last edited:
IMG_0106.JPG IMG_0105.JPG The whole thing rolls up easily into a dump pouch with everything connected (no parts to lose!). The tree tether and platform would be separate.

Easily fits into a dump pouch. Weighs just under 33oz including the dump pouch.
Dump pouch is 5oz. Could easily just have an elastic band instead to save weight

Another thing....the Webbing bridge, carabiners, linesman's belt and Easy Daisy are all being used WELL within spec. Nothing sketchy.

Last edited:
And for comparison...my NewTribe Walkabout with Tree Spider Vertical Linesman's belt) and stock rope bridge is 74oz. 9.5oz of that is the Tree Spider Belt. The NewTribe rig rolls up into a stuff sack that is roughly twice the size of my SitDrag setup.

I would use the same Tree Tether with both.

As an option to the Easy Daisy...the Yates 550 Adjustable Daisy is rated for higher loads and I think is slightly longer and comes in Black.
http://yatesgear.com/cl/adjustable-daisy

I'm getting one and will check it out and compare to my Tree Spider and the Easy Daisy and I have experience with rope and rope man / Prussic

Last edited:
Back