• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best camera arm?

waterfowlassassin

Nov 29, 2022
What are u fellas that self film running arm wise? I want something super lite. Carbon fiber? What are yall runnin

rutjr

Oct 6, 2018
Cumberland, RI
I'm still trying to get started myself. I have a Fourth Arrow Talon. The arm itself is aluminum but the attachment to the tree is steel and heavy. My goal this year is to practice with my set up this year.
Forth Arrow sells carbon arms if that's any help.

waterfowlassassin

Nov 29, 2022
What are u fellas that self film running arm wise? I want something super lite. Carbon fiber? What are yall runnin
I'm still trying to get started myself. I have a Fourth Arrow Talon. The arm itself is aluminum but the attachment to the tree is steel and heavy. My goal this year is to practice with my set up this year.
Forth Arrow sells carbon arms if that's any help.
I might have to check out that carbon fiber one I usually go in at the very least half a mile

Thetrueredneck

SH Member
Oct 6, 2019
Arkansas
Lwcg pocket arm is what I run but I also changed my strap to type of USA mod with 750 cord and tensioner and 3D bracket from Genesis3D,when it cams to the tree and use the screw to level, it is crazy rock solid to the tree.

rutjr

Oct 6, 2018
Cumberland, RI
Here’s mine!
bb37f4119113b947b4a11ab85fdfa66f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thetrueredneck

SH Member
Oct 6, 2019
Arkansas
Went ahead and swapped out the para cord with some 7/64 I had. I’m off all this week and plan on getting in the woods a few times and will try it out. 567EEC91-BA1E-4D13-9414-0F9058F85BA6.jpeg3D510B3A-9183-40D0-8C3F-3FAC48870713.jpeg

Reactions: BTaylor

Thetrueredneck

SH Member
Oct 6, 2019
Arkansas
I can't speak for Theredneck but I must've not liked the LW strap either?
I have an Ameristep strap on mine I think.

To be honest I’m just not a fan of cam straps and when I watched a YouTube with someone using the USA on the arm i immediately went to my saddle box and tried what you see. I did try both systems strap and cord and I really feel that the cord does tighten better to the tree. Could just be my dislike for cam straps too lol.