• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best climbing method for pine tree?

Dragsmack

I have been using WE steps, but they can be hard to get set tight on pine trees, and often slide a bit. It is so hot right now I am not liking having to reset the steps several time to get a good set. Have any of you used Muddy, Helium, or LW steps on pines? Was it an easy set up?

I'm using xop sticks with rope mods and I hunting yesterday in a pine tree..didnt seem to be hard to set them even with the 8mm accessory cord instead of straps and buckles..

I have been using WE steps, but they can be hard to get set tight on pine trees, and often slide a bit. It is so hot right now I am not liking having to reset the steps several time to get a good set. Have any of you used Muddy, Helium, or LW steps on pines? Was it an easy set up?
Look at my diy climber

I live in north Florida and I had the same problem. I got a set of Heliums and just did the rope mod, didn't cut them but I perfer them on pine trees over the WE steps. The heliums are awesome and super fast with almost no learning curve. With that said I am sticking hard to learning the WE steps and do use them more than my sticks just so I can become efficient, they are a lot easier (to carry) and much nicer to carry so I really try to use them every time.

I live in north Florida and I had the same problem. I got a set of Heliums and just did the rope mod, didn't cut them but I perfer them on pine trees over the WE steps. The heliums are awesome and super fast with almost no learning curve. With that said I am sticking hard to learning the WE steps and do use them more than my sticks just so I can become efficient, they are a lot easier (to carry) and much nicer to carry so I really try to use them every time.
How do you carry your heliums? They look like they may be long to put in a pack?

How do you carry your heliums? They look like they may be long to put in a pack?
I bought a slumber jack hone pack off of the classifieds and I utilize the rifle part for the sticks. Where the rifle/bow go between the pack and the add on and then the part that extends down for the rifle stock is where I slide the sticks into. Like the second picture in the link just with three sticks. It's awesome.

https://slumberjack.com/hone-kryptek-highlander/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bought a slumber jack hone pack off of the classifieds and I utilize the rifle part for the sticks. Where the rifle/bow go between the pack and the add on and then the part that extends down for the rifle stock is where I slide the sticks into. Like the second picture in the link just with three sticks. It's awesome.

https://slumberjack.com/hone-kryptek-highlander/

Something like that it what I was thinking.. how much of an improvement was the rope mod with versa button? Did it change the way they stack?

Something like that it what I was thinking.. how much of an improvement was the rope mod with versa button? Did it change the way they stack?
I really like it, it made it less to fumble with setting up and packing up. It didnt affect my stacking but I flushed my versa button bolts up.

Back