• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Saddle for woman

mindylee

Hello looking for info and opinions on best saddle….looking to possibly make the investment for next year…thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s been a couple threads about this, check the saddle hunting info for new users but my advice would be to call manufacturers and chat about hip sizing and room as it seems like that’s the area with the most difficulty especially with hip pinch. I have child bearing hips as my wife likes to call them(I just tell her they were an asset on active duty cuz my pack fit better and I could haul more stuff) and I use an aero hunter kestrel flex. Having said that I’m not sure they make the flex any longer. Anyway, that’d be my advice, chat with manufacturers and get measurements. There’s also a couple folks on this forum that make saddles, @always89y at customer gear modifications is one and he might be able to help you out.

I would recommend either the CRÜZR XC or Aerohunter Merlin. I have the CRÜZR as my primary. Hunted all last year in it, up to 6-8 hours. It is very comfortable for us wider hipped women. I have had no hip pinch at all. I had 2 separate Tethrds that to me were made for men's hips. They pinched after a couple hours no matter how I adjusted them.

The Merlin is comfortable as well. Good luck!

Back