• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bino Harness

ARERHODES

I'm looking at getting a bino harness to hold my rangefinder as well. What bino harness are y'all using? Does it get in the way of your bridge?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Does it get in the way of your bridge?

That is a dam fine question. I haven't had mine on while practicing. I guess I'll do that tomorrow. But saying that I use this harness I have used it for turkey season this year and it was nice.

Rick young outdoors is the way to go. Light weight and has a range finder attachment. You can cinch it up as high as you want to keep it out of the way.

I'm fighting with the same question.. I ordered the outdoor vision bino harness off a recommendation from another member.

I can tell you from experience that the S4 lockdown X, and the vortex glasspack do not get in the way of my bridge the way I wear them but dont recomend the s4 lock down if you want protection for your optics, and dont recomend the vortex because it opens the wrong way lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You can DIY the Rick Young version with a 6 foot length of elastic from a craft store for about 4 bucks, and a cord cinch from an old backpack, folding lawn chair bag or similar. There's videos on YouTube demonstrating it with 550 cord that work as well or better with elastic or shock cord.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have two Badlands pack. Made connections from both shoulder straps, attached compatible strap to binos.
Weight stays with pack. Quite release.
DBL

Depends. I have a Rick Young that is super simple and light. If you don't need protection or extra pockets it's the way to go. With that said I also have an Outdoor Vision size medium and their rangefinder pouch that I use more. It protects my knockers and keep them clean, the two size elastic pockets and small front zippered pocket are nice and add no bulk to it.

I use the Badlands XR bino harness. Doesnt get in the way of the bridge or bow string. It is on the larger side but I carry my 10x42s, my range finder in their separate compartments,

I did a lot of research with budget being my primary concern and I went with the generic cabelas version for $19. They work great. I was close to doing DIY. I was pretty confident that I would have been happy with a couple DIYs I found on YouTube but they were going to cost me about $9 so I figured just pay the $10 more and be done with it.

Camofire has been doing the badlands Bino harneas regularly for about $55 which is a heck of a deal but I just couldn’t justify that coin when I knew I’d be happy with a well made simple generic harness.

I’ve worn mine a bunch and I’m very happy with it.

I'm looking at getting a bino harness to hold my rangefinder as well. What bino harness are y'all using? Does it get in the way of your bridge?

I've been doing some test runs on my saddle and yesterday finally pulled the plug on the bino/rf holder I bought. Awesome that you started up the thread just when I needed it.

My problem was going way too complicated, mine has a pouch for the binoculars, magnetic sleeve for rf that doesnt fit and isnt strong enough to hold it up, bunch of pockets I couldnt realistically get to and attachment cords hanging all over the place.

My climbing method is the wild edge steps with knaider/swaider. And I have an extra biner on my bridge to hook to a step while I throw my lineman around limbs. It got way too complicated up there on top of the bag wild edge bag strap and bino harness.

Now I realize simplicity is key. I'll have to look into the ones you guys are suggesting. I'm actually trying to figure out different ways to carry the steps since I only need 4-5 (height and platform, ring of steps) but have a bag for 12 (originally purchased before knaider swaider).

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I use the Bino D-Mag from Badlands.

I just bought the Alaskan Guide Creations KISS with Max pocket. It fits my 10x42 binos really well with the range finder in the Max pocket. I initially wanted to get one with more pockets, but was afraid it would be too bulky and make me carry too much extra stuff. I've used it on a couple scouting trips but have not tried it in the saddle yet. I really hope it doesn't get in the way of the bridge. It's comfy and well built for what I've used it for so far.

Rick young outdoors is the way to go. Light weight and has a range finder attachment. You can cinch it up as high as you want to keep it out of the way.

I’ll second this. It’s a great system. I don’t think you can find a lower profile package for your optics. Add the neoprene cover & you have a complete protective system. I also use a FHF bino & rangefinder harness that I like as well. Neither interfere with bridge or draw.

Last edited:
You can DIY the Rick Young version with a 6 foot length of elastic from a craft store for about 4 bucks, and a cord cinch from an old backpack, folding lawn chair bag or similar. There's videos on YouTube demonstrating it with 550 cord that work as well or better with elastic or shock cord.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I might try a diy one for a minimalist harness but still would like one that has a couple pockets. During early bow season I try to only carry a small fanny pack or sling bag. I’d like to reduce it further to just a bino harness, bladder pack for water, and whatever I can fit in pouches attached to saddle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I run this

with rangefinder in one of the side pockets. There is some bridge interence but not enough to bother me. The "holster" is perfect for EZ-CUT pruners.

I had so much trouble with my Vortex Glasspak interfering with the tether that I switched out to a Rick Young Outdoors harness. I was using a ROS so there was constant pressure on my tether, but maybe if I were standing on a platform it would have worked fine. FWIW, climbing with the bino pack was awkward as well.

Back