• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BK Outdoors Jawbone bow hook= awesome!!!

Westdesign03

SH Member
Just heard about the Jawbone bow hook on a podcast and bought one. This thing rocks!! Small and compact, no drilling, no moving parts, weighs absolutely nothing, holds the bow very well. Can even fold it out of the way if you need to. My long journey to find a bow hook I like is finally over! Highly recommended!

EDIT: Was brought to my attention that this hook shouldn’t be used with firearms or crossbows. Just wanted to mention that as I didn’t realize that was the case before. Still a great product!

Attachments

• 18DC9552-DFBA-4DBB-8F38-6BF2757DA20B.jpeg
    18DC9552-DFBA-4DBB-8F38-6BF2757DA20B.jpeg
    658.4 KB · Views: 169
  • B2CC9BFA-F84C-497D-B9F9-770AB5131C72.jpeg
    B2CC9BFA-F84C-497D-B9F9-770AB5131C72.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 4FC17B32-BA31-496B-9CBA-4B08BBE92BC8.jpeg
    4FC17B32-BA31-496B-9CBA-4B08BBE92BC8.jpeg
    540.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Just heard about the Jawbone bow hook on a podcast and bought one. This thing rocks!! Small and compact, no drilling or moving parts, weighs absolutely nothing, holds anything you’d want it to. Can even fold it out of the way if you need to. My long journey to find a bow hook I like is finally over! Highly recommended!

I was going to buy one. I thought I saw something that made me think twice, and now I'm thinking I should buy one. (I guess I'm thinking thrice, lol).

Is there anything you don't like about it?

I was going to buy one. I thought I saw something that made me think twice, and now I'm thinking I should buy one. (I guess I'm thinking thrice, lol).

Is there anything you don't like about it?
Third times a charm! I mean nothing yet that I notice not liking. I guess you could argue that it doesn’t have a wide base against the tree so it could tilt on you maybe. But really that’s not even a problem in my mind as long as you tighten it down good on the strap and pull it down a bit to sort of cam it in. And the elastic string on it makes it clamp down pretty good to the strap so really it resists turning on you anyway with that. There’s also a slot that lets you put a 1” strap through it instead of using the little hook end if you want to.

Weird how it specifically says it's not to be used to hold a gun...... My diy bow holder is almost the same thing...nice to be able to hang a bow without having to remove quiver
View attachment 70370View attachment 70371
Whoops. Didn’t even look down far enough to see that. Maybe I’ll take that part off. Don’t want to spread bad info. Thanks for the heads up!

Are those two pieces bonded to the main hook to widen the base? I was thinking something like that but spread like a double leg kickstand would be great.
Yeah....I welded on little tabs to make it thicker at the contact points of the trunk...it's 1/8 main arm + little tabs of the same aluminum so it's 3/8 wide metal + thick vetwrap so maybe 1/2 wide. It doesn't need to be real wide imo

Yeah....I welded on little tabs to make it thicker at the contact points of the trunk...it's 1/8 main arm + little tabs of the same aluminum so it's 3/8 wide metal + thick vetwrap so maybe 1/2 wide. It doesn't need to be real wide imo

Nice.

This is one of the stupidest little gear issues I have. I wish I could just screw a bow/gun hanger in...meanwhile all these fellas be drilling trees full of holes for their bolts on their public.

Anyone that has one, & used it, know why they say not to hang a firearm?

The slots & cut outs look like it would pull tight enough the tree. Similar to the 3d printed fulcrum hangers.

I was thinking of ordering one, but not so sure now that I read that.

Just get the Genesis 3D bow hanger. I hang my rifle from it every season. Additionally if you position it properly you can use it to rest your rifle on for a steadier platform to fire from.

The company is probably saying no firearms use to cover their company legally.

Anyone that has one, & used it, know why they say not to hang a firearm?

The slots & cut outs look like it would pull tight enough the tree. Similar to the 3d printed fulcrum hangers.

I was thinking of ordering one, but not so sure now that I read that.
I think it is a legal thing and also I notice on some trees with very pronounced bark, it sometimes has a tendency to kind of fold sideways. If you avoid pushing on your bow back or forth, you don’t really have this problem and if you pull the included elastic strap up over the tree strap that’s holding the hook, it nests into a little cutout they put in the base of the hook and that helps prevent that issue too.

Overall I get why they probably say not to hang anything other than a bow on it. I have another heavier hook with a wider base I’ll use for gun and crossbow.

Just heard about the Jawbone bow hook on a podcast and bought one. This thing rocks!! Small and compact, no drilling, no moving parts, weighs absolutely nothing, holds the bow very well. Can even fold it out of the way if you need to. My long journey to find a bow hook I like is finally over! Highly recommended!

EDIT: Was brought to my attention that this hook shouldn’t be used with firearms or crossbows. Just wanted to mention that as I didn’t realize that was the case before. Still a great product!
Is there enough room to let your quiver on the bow?

Just get the Genesis 3D bow hanger. I hang my rifle from it every season. Additionally if you position it properly you can use it to rest your rifle on for a steadier platform to fire from.

The company is probably saying no firearms use to cover their company legally.
That's what I use now & on it's 3rd season & going strong. I just keep looking at the pin & thinking how one day it could give out. After all it is just 3d printed. Hanging a shotgun with 3.5 inch 00buck gives me worries about relying on just that.

Hahah. Of course I still do it anyway till I come up with another solution. To much cornbread & collard greens for me.

I think it is a legal thing and also I notice on some trees with very pronounced bark, it sometimes has a tendency to kind of fold sideways. If you avoid pushing on your bow back or forth, you don’t really have this problem and if you pull the included elastic strap up over the tree strap that’s holding the hook, it nests into a little cutout they put in the base of the hook and that helps prevent that issue too.

Overall I get why they probably say not to hang anything other than a bow on it. I have another heavier hook with a wider base I’ll use for gun and crossbow.
How do you think it would do on a backwoods daisy chain gear holder. The 3d one holds really tight & the jawbone cut outs look like they'd tighten up pretty good. Just not sure if it would flip to the side easily with how narrow it looks.

How do you think it would do on a backwoods daisy chain gear holder. The 3d one holds really tight & the jawbone cut outs look like they'd tighten up pretty good. Just not sure if it would flip to the side easily with how narrow it looks.
Don’t see why that wouldn’t work. There’s the rounded cutouts that rope would likely fit into well. In case you’re wondering the whole thing is a little over 1/4” wide.

Attachments

• 3E823627-6966-40DD-9963-3404BFFA2092.png
    3E823627-6966-40DD-9963-3404BFFA2092.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • A9E155C5-7457-4CDE-83F6-1E45CC582532.png
    A9E155C5-7457-4CDE-83F6-1E45CC582532.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Back