• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge ideas

Dragsmack

I was hanging a few days ago practicing shots in my kestrel and noticed when I was moving to get a shot sometimes my bridge would catch up on my tether carabiner. I am using a 24 inch piece of REI looped climbing webbing or sling. Where it is catching is where the ends are sewn together where a "lip" is formed.

I have a bunch of 1 inch climbing webbing that I was thinking of tying a fixed bridge with to avoid that hang up point. I was thinking about making an overhand knot on a bight on one end to girth hitch to saddle, and another overhand on a bight with a carabiner to attach to other end of saddle.

Do you guys think that sounds safe? Would another knot be more appropriate?

I like the fixed Amsteel bridge, but the more I look at splicing videos, the more intimidated I get....

I'm telling you...splicing 1/4" Amsteel blue is sooooooo easy. My 10 year old daughter can do it no problem. It's kind of like changing a flat tire to someone that has never done it before. Once they get over their fear, it couldn't really be anymore simple.

Thanks Greg! What tools do I have to have to do it, and is it a different splice on one side vs. The other?

I'm telling you...splicing 1/4" Amsteel blue is sooooooo easy. My 10 year old daughter can do it no problem. It's kind of like changing a flat tire to someone that has never done it before. Once they get over their fear, it couldn't really be anymore simple.

Where are you getting your amsteel from?

Back