• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bridge Spreader

Chickenking

SH Member
Whats the take on these devices that's spreading the bridge to reduce the hip pinch. Likes/Dislikes.
My only saddle experience is with the Aero Hunter Kestrel and Merlin. I recently purchased a TX 5 CG Lone Star 2.0 and it incorporates a hip pinch reduction system designed into the saddle. It's awesome, however, even with my two older Aero Hunter saddles, hip pinch has not been a big issue for me. Just to be clear, I don't have much hip to pinch.

Last edited:
I'm currently using a Tethrd Phantom and really like the Genesis 3D HPE. I bought one for my buddy even though he never complained of hip pinch and throwing it on is one of the first things he does once in the tree.

I use it ~80% of the time in the saddle. It's just nice to open the bridge up a bit and change the "pressure points"

I do have a Lonestar 2.0 coming and am looking forward to testing that out this off season, it'll be interesting to see if I still use the HPE but I still expect to.

Thankfully never had the problem this solution seeks. Not saying it's not real for some. Don't know if it's anatomy or what but I'm fine across many different saddles and bridge/tether configurations.

My issues are high/lo not hips. Bad saddle fits and/or tether angulations on me either want to ride up or lower strap wants to slice into my hammies.

There's a bar called the HPE. I think that the name. Anyway it works but it's just one more thing to carry in the woods. You can make one for yourself out of a dowel. I've done it. It's simple physics. It takes the pressure off your hips.

I've been curious about a version that works with the JX3. There's no hip pinch of course, but in late season as the layers grow space gets a little cramped.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

For the most part, Hip pinch is a matter of angle created from the bridge and the tether. If your having hip pinch the best thing to do is play (a lot ) with the height of your tether and the length of your bridge. Just an inch or so on any of them can change the comfort!? Hope this helps.?

IMO another thing not needed, kinda how I feel about the back band. Are we hunting or eating Doritos at the beach? If I feel like being that comfortable, I stay home on my couch
Now the back band is a whole different story. That allows you to take pressure off your whole behind as needed. After a bow hanger, if there is one thing I don't want to do without in a tree, it's my MVP (or something similar, very basic design).

Back bands and the Bridge spreader both help. I've tried both. All day sit? I would consider bringing them. 3-4 hour hunt? Probably not. I bring TOO much crap now. Most of the time I can't find it in my backpack!

Back