• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Brief overview of the C1 carbon sticks from Timber Ninja Outdoors

The sticks in the video are with the Gen 2 thicker steps which are machined with tighter tolerances. The thinner Gen 1 steps moved ALOT and squeaked/popped loudly and I was ready sell or violently wrap these sticks around a solid immovable object. After talking to the owner of TN, he sent me the Gen 2 steps free of charge. All around a great set of sticks, great guys and very responsive with questions or concerns. I highly recommend!

What are your thoughts on the short standoff distance?

What are your thoughts on the short standoff distance?

I wasn’t a fan and prefer more foot room as a bigger guy for feeling and confidence...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t a fan and prefer more foot room as a bigger guy for feeling and confidence...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review and feedback. Not much chatter about the sticks, so it helps. There are some features I really like about the sticks, but I have reservations about the standoff distance as a bigger guy as well.

I had the gen 1 but sent them back. Too much flex, not enough foot space and the rope attachment had awful stretch. With all that, I have been waiting for the improvements before I revisit.
Added info: I thought the standoffs were small and I wear a size 9 shoe. I only tried them with sneakers and couldn’t imagine feeling secure with boots.

Last edited:
Back