• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying sticks up the tree

realtown12

Hey Guys,

Quick question, what is the preferred method for carrying sticks up the tree with you?

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Create a loop of paracord on each hip attached to saddle that holds steps while you climb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create a loop of paracord on each hip attached to saddle that holds steps while you climb

I do this as well. One on each hip. One of my minor critiques of the kestrel was the molle loops not extending far enough making the sticks hard to reach and worse, clang together. I never did figure out a good solution to that.

I do this as well. One on each hip. One of my minor critiques of the kestrel was the molle loops not extending far enough making the sticks hard to reach and worse, clang together. I never did figure out a good solution to that.

X3
Attach my first stick with three step aider to the tree, attach one stick with single aider in left side loop, attach one stick with single aider right side loop, attach bow to my hoist then lock in with my linesman belt 4th stick is in one of my hands as I climb to the next level. Hope that makes sense.

I use those twist ties, (night something anothers) to tie my sticks on each side and rear of my saddle. These prevent the risk of bumping them and causing a stick to fall as you climb. I've tried the paracord loops but I like the twist ties better.
This is using Muddy Sticks

I tie two sections on the sides of the saddle, I place the first one with a five step aider on tree as high as I can reach, climb up the first section and aider with the next section and aider (place my arm through the bottom step of the aider) and climb to the top of first section. After connecting next section and aider (the one around your arm) as high as I can reach, I proceed to the top of section 2. Remove one that's on my side and place on tree so bottom step is about knee high and repeat with the last stick.

Yup, agree with the one on each hip as stated above, but I use a nite ize rubberized gear tie to attach to molle loop instead of paracord. I find it easier to attach and detach.
That's exactly what I do. Works great.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

If you do not like stuff on your hips I have used my doyles hoist and a grapple to pick each stick up from the ground one at a time. I started to do it this way after I dropped a stick off my saddle.
Most do not to it that way but I have no butt and I do not like too much junk on my saddle because it starts moving to my knees. Unless I wear suspenders on my saddle.
I find picking it off the ground to be very easy.
Tying to your saddle works too and is the most common method.

I've been using army surplus D-clips for molle webbing I got off of Amazon, one hand operation to open them and they have a built in stop to act like a hook so your chord doesn't slide off. So far they are ok, nite ize if not.

Back