• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheap and effective gear ties?

bigman

I recently bought some name brand gear ties and while very good were expensive.....so I bought some heavy duty green coated clothes line and am now making my own. Not fancy but very strong and a roll will last a long time.
Just putting it out there for people on a

...budget. :)

I've also used the coated wire from Summit and that is pretty affordable when you get it on sale or through CamoFire. That works really well.
Original GearTies though are the Cadillac in my opinion and set the standard.

I was given a card of Field & Stream (****s Sporting Goods?) flexible gear cord. It's 16 feet of plastic covered steel wire that you cut to whatever length needed. Looks promising but I haven't actually used it yet. Just looked it up and it sells for $5. Maybe good for light/medium duty applications.

I took a piece of NMB wire and cut the back wire out of it and it has been working great. Im sure you could use any solid wire with a jacket.

Back