• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheap new pack

Dragsmack

I just found this pack at Academy for $59. I can fit my helium sticks, Predator, and Doyle gear hoist on the outside of the pack. You could put a bow or gun where I put my sticks. Looks like a solid saddle hunting day pack for not much $.
7c4fc5603e2f79331ca4253eeaa9d4b5.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I use the smallest version of the Magellan pack and love it. I load mine down with probably wayyy too much gear and so far it’s been solid. The only issue I had was the hydration bladder attachments ripped while I was horseback riding in the mountains of Utah. I took it back in to Academy and they replaced the whole pack!

I saw this last week and was wondering the same thing. It has an internal frame as well. The only thing I was worried about was the actual compartment being big enough to pack clothes. Still think I'm going to give it a shot.

Does the pack have any way to allow air circulation between the bag and your back? That separation is great for the warmer temperatures that are the majority of the season here in Louisiana.

Does the pack have any way to allow air circulation between the bag and your back? That separation is great for the warmer temperatures that are the majority of the season here in Louisiana.
I would say "kinda." It has several rubber "ridges" that run horizontally, but Im not sure that it will make a difference...

I would say "kinda." It has several rubber "ridges" that run horizontally, but Im not sure that it will make a difference...

Does it have enough room to pack warm clothes inside the pack main compartment.

Does it have enough room to pack warm clothes inside the pack main compartment.
If you had nothing else in the main compartment, you could probably fit a jacket, knee pads, a few other odds and ends. It does have a couple "sleeves" or pockets in main compartment for some small items, 2 hidden side pockets on outside of pack which are about the size of a grapefruit, and 2 small pockets on waist belt. It is definitely not a multi day pack, but you can easily pack water bladder, knee pads, jacket, lots of small items, predator, gear hoist, thermacell, sticks or bow.

Last edited:
Picked up the pack today. I will give a review on it after tomorrow's hunt. The only problem I see so far is the main compartment doesn't hold much as far as warm clothes. But by the looks of how I strapped everything down might be a good little pack. I'm kind of a pack collector. Never just that one pack. I have them for out west hunts, fanny packs, day hiking packs if I see one I usually grab it. Will see about this one.

Back