• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing Sticks for presets

ADKMtnTrapper

Most people on here talk alot about having mobile setups or presets with screw in steps etc. But you dont see many people talking about climbing sticks such as this picture.

So i bought a few for my hunting camp and have them set up on some travel routes. The biggest reason chose these is because 1. We cant use anything that damages the tree. And 2. Ive used my hawk climbing sticks for the past few years and i feel that there are to many moving parts and doesnt get me as high as id like.

If anyone out there uses setups like this what do you use for a platform? I am am torn between my xop platform, strap on steps , or just use the top of the climbing stick?

Right now i have 2 20 footers but if they work in my favor i may get more so i can set some @ 25 or even 30 ft if it calls for it.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

Thanks,
Adk
abad6995e6518b8737f24d2d7d523a54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have two sets out on a little piece of private. One has a old hang on at the top as a platform without the seat. The other one I carry my ameristeps in and use them. Which reminds me I need to go take those down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have to say we dont have to worry much about people stealing tree stands and such. One of the perks about hunting in the big woods!

I have a couple pre hung spots with the other type of steel ladder sticks the ones that are separate sections I love them they are rough to pack in but they go up quick and I leave them for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 - 20' stackable sticks topped with hang on stands similiar to those that stay out on private prop year round that I have permission to bowhunt on. Straps are replaced before season starts every year.
During firearm season the land owner occupies them.

I use these a lot. I like them better than ladders because they'll work in more trees.

$27 for a 3 pack. I generally use 4-5 sections to get to 20-25 feet. I have enough for several presets.

I use the top step as the base of my platform and generally put 1 Ameristep or Jim Stepp on each side of the tree.

cf26e4b45fb536b45027f6b648c48456.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I use these a lot. I like them better than ladders because they'll work in more trees.

$27 for a 3 pack. I generally use 4-5 sections to get to 20-25 feet. I have enough for several presets.

I use the top step as the base of my platform and generally put 1 Ameristep or Jim Stepp on each side of the tree.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
I did find one tree that was difficult to get the one piece sticks to work, this is a good idea

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
These are the sticks I currently use. I use all three then srew ins the rest of the way up to 25 feet ish. Carrying 4-5 sections of these is exhausting. They are so heavy!

These are the sticks I currently use. I use all three then srew ins the rest of the way up to 25 feet ish. Carrying 4-5 sections of these is exhausting. They are so heavy!

Are you using these sticks for mobile setups? GOOD LORD!

Dang! Thats rough... well once you get some muddys someday youll feel like youre carrying around a couple feathers lol

Back