• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cord options

lpv77

I'm having a hard time. What are some 6mm options for hitch cord to use on resc tech. I see the trc but can any 6mm accessory cord be used?
The shipping is crazy on the trc at ewo.
Thanks!

What are you planning on doing with the 6mm cord? Making friction hitches? A waist belt? If you’re using it for hitch cord, there are several great replacements including 5.5 Beal,
5.5 titan cord from Bluewater, and there are 6mm racing yacht rope that is stronger than trc and will work just as well. Any 6mm cord that has a technora cover with a polyester, dyneema or nylon sheath should do the trick as a direct replacement.

I'm having a hard time. What are some 6mm options for hitch cord to use on resc tech. I see the trc but can any 6mm accessory cord be used?
The shipping is crazy on the trc at ewo.
Thanks!
Yeah you are not supposed to just get hitch cord from @DanO. Some hitch cord aint no kinda way to fill the shopping cart. Come on now, flex them spendin muscles and do that work!!!

Yeah you are not supposed to just get hitch cord from @DanO. Some hitch cord aint no kinda way to fill the shopping cart. Come on now, flex them spendin muscles and do that work!!!
Lol, unfortunately I dont need anything else

Last time I looked for 6mm Ocean it was hard to come by, ended up ordering it from Canada. Look at Arborist supplys, a few weeks ago I saw a new one that I hadn't seen before but the name escapes me at the moment. Wasn't in the market for it, didn't pay attention

Checked when I got home https://arbsession.com/edelrid-aramid-cord-6mm.html

Last edited:
6mm accessory cord would be okay, but not the best choice. The lower break strength and most are nylon, which loses strength if wet, and even more if it freezes. A fast descent will also glaze it up easier.

The Edelrid Aramid is very stiff, the 48 strand cover doesn’t allow it to be very flexible.

Not to hijack but I am also looking for a 6mm cord to fit a specific purpose. I find cord to be best, FOR ME, to attach my platform. I've been using Maxim 5mm kernmantle. Very low stretch, but want something higher strength and 6mm, but again super low stretch. Tried Bluewater 6mm kernmantle but it stretches like crazy. Any suggestions??
P.S.: I do like 6mm TRC for making my schwabisch and distel prussic/hitch cords on my 8mm Samson Ultra Tech.
770f19dc971fff76d2a61872b7462dfd.jpg

Not to hijack but I am also looking for a 6mm cord to fit a specific purpose. I find cord to be best, FOR ME, to attach my platform. I've been using Maxim 5mm kernmantle. Very low stretch, but want something higher strength and 6mm, but again super low stretch. Tried Bluewater 6mm kernmantle but it stretches like crazy. Any suggestions??
P.S.: I do like 6mm TRC for making my schwabisch and distel prussic/hitch cords on my 8mm Samson Ultra Tech.
770f19dc971fff76d2a61872b7462dfd.jpg
The 6mm standard Bluewater is dynamic which is probably why you notice so much stretch. Their 5.5 titan cord doesn’t stretch at all. And I haven’t noticed any serious stretch in the 7mm cord or the VT prusiks I have

You might contact Teufelberger and ask their recommendation. I had a very nice conversation with Sterling's customer support folks when I was starting out; they told me that any nylon or polyester-sheathed cord would work with my C-IV. I've settled on TRC, but also have some Jammy and PMC in the mix.

That’s reassuring that Sterling recommends those type of cords, they seem to grab better than a cord with a Technora cover, which is what I have seen recommended by them.

Back