• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Creaking Predator platform

MCDM

Vendor Rep
Ok guys i raved about my predator was silent outside the box. All week was smooth and silent in practice till my 1st hunt yesterday!! About an hour in it started to creak. Last night I stripped it and sprayed it and even applied so bow wax previously stated in another forum post. Put it all back together work good till this morning another hour in started to creak!! Anyone else got some tips or explanation.

Ok guys i raved about my predator was silent outside the box. All week was smooth and silent in practice till my 1st hunt yesterday!! About an hour in it started to creak. Last night I stripped it and sprayed it and even applied so bow wax previously stated in another forum post. Put it all back together work good till this morning another hour in started to creak!! Anyone else got some tips or explanation.
Mine creaked after initial test. Applied bow string wax to both sides of tapered nylon washers. Creak is gone, but only hung twice since then. Your washers are oriented properly right?

@MCDM what did you do for the location where the adjustment bolt hits the post? Some have said they glued webbing. Waxed the bolt/ears/post/washers. Cut the center out of a bottle cap stuck it where the bolt contacts the I beam and wrapped the beam in camo form. So far the only sound has been from the buckle hitting during transport.

Thanks guys maybe thats where its coming from i will check the adjustment bolt. I kept looking at the post bolt as it occurred when say i shifted on the platform!! Ill give it a shot and report back after!!!

Mine was milled just like a 16th of an inch off at the post bolt. I loosened mine and it took care of the squeak. Running the bolt tight was putting it in a bind making it squeak. But it’s good now. Try that.

Having problems with mine as well. Took all the bolts out, put a rubber washer anywhere metal met metal. Applied bowstring wax to all moving surface = no noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took mine apart and waxed all contact points and yesterday it developed a creak again. Not acceptable. If I can’t get it eliminated I’m going back to my XOP platform. Never heard a sound of of it.

I took mine apart and waxed all contact points and yesterday it developed a creak again. Not acceptable. If I can’t get it eliminated I’m going back to my XOP platform. Never heard a sound of of it.

See my post

The problem is where the bolts meet metal. They should have plastic or rubber washer.

Back