• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Crown City WMA

CharlieRayT

So I’m thinking about buying my Ohio tags this year in order to extend my hunting season. Crown City is the closest public land to me. Has anyone here hunted this WMA before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio is a great place to hunt. But if I saw public land parcels I hunt named here soliciting opinions I'd be miffed...

You can go on google or whatever, you can do research. SH is mostly advanced hunters, please don't let google associate the two.

Ohio is a great place to hunt. But if I saw public land parcels I hunt named here soliciting opinions I'd be miffed...

You can go on google or whatever, you can do research. SH is mostly advanced hunters, please don't let google associate the two.

Hmm. Sorry I upset you pal. You being an advanced hunter and all. Good day.

I wasn’t really asking for anyone to give up their honey holes. I’ve done quite a bit of research on the area. The wife and I drove around in there all afternoon this past Saturday. Saw a ton of deer. I value other hunters input though. Just looking for general insight into the area. I live in very close proximity to four really nice WMA’s here in WV. Although I’ve never had any trouble at any of them (and I’ve hunted them all at least a few times)I do have friends that have had vehicles broken into,and unfortunately now days if you pull over in a wide spot to park you’ll inevitably find used needles,beer bottles, and other such garbage left behind by the locals. No I was just looking for a general overview of the area is all. I really don’t mind doing the leg work myself because that’s half the fun. So if I came off defensive I apologize. Maybe I just misunderstood the reply. Good honey holes are gold especially on public so I understand being guarded about them. On the flip side I’d invite anyone to come hunt,scout, camp and or anything thing else if you are in my area. I’d be more than happy to help ya out all I can.

I think that if you can help out another hunter what is the big deal. I scouted Egypt Valley Piedmont Lake area it shows some potential. I feel public land is public land and It's for everyone. I get as much enjoyment out of some other hunter taking a nice buck just as if it were me. As hunters we need to stand together we have enough problems with out bickering amongst are selfs. I wish every hunter gets the buck of their dreams. I just enjoy get out and hanging in a tree. Enjoy your time afield .

Back