• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

CWD in Ky

My buddy that I used to hunt up there with always said dont drink the water in Ballard county, guess he was right. Hate to hear that area has it or any area for that matter.

My buddy that I used to hunt up there with always said dont drink the water in Ballard county, guess he was right. Hate to hear that area has it or any area for that matter.
Martin Marietta dumped radioactive material causing pollution of the well water. They tried to keep it hidden from the public. When 60min did a story on it. The local TV station did not air that 60min show.
MM paid for city water lines run into the affected area.
Has nothing to do with CWD.

Last edited:
Martin Marietta dumped radioactive material causing pollution of the well water. They tried to keep it hidden from the public. When 60min did a story on it. The local TV station did not air that 60min show.
MM paid for city water lines run into the affected area.
Has nothing to do with CWD.

I want to say I was hunting up there in like the 89-93 time period. He lived over at Grahamville and had a different reason for not drinking the water in Ballard county, esp. Barlow. Something along the lines of this is my sister and our 3 kids, lol. If you are local to the area, you have probably spent some time in NW swamp. Was some fine huntin in there back in the day.

I hate to hear you have it in Kentucy now. CWD is real, don't get me wrong but its presence is too often blown out of all proportion as a scare tactic to get what all government agencies desire most...more money and power. They are all little fiefdoms, jealous of the others and in constant competition for state resources.

Back