• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Detachable bino harness

Mengle

I am trying to find a bino harness where the part that holds the binos (pack?) can quickly be removed / added to the harness, without unsnapping or taking off the actual harness.

I currently have the vortex harness that comes with the binos. I like it except for how much movement I have to do to take it off / on and I just don’t shoot as accurately wearing it.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I am trying to find a bino harness where the part that holds the binos (pack?) can quickly be removed / added to the harness, without unsnapping or taking off the actual harness.

I currently have the vortex harness that comes with the binos. I like it except for how much movement I have to do to take it off / on and I just don’t shoot as accurately wearing it.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Rick Young Outdoors bino harness 19.99. I picked up a few years ago. For a cheap quick on and off harness that fits under layers with small binos it works perfect. Maybe not what you're looking for but maybe someone else may find them useful.
Late season it fits under heavy coats and super compact.

I’m not aware of one that works exactly like that but explain what you’re wanting it for and maybe there’s another solution to your problem.

Rick Young Outdoors bino harness 19.99. I picked up a few years ago. For a cheap quick on and off harness that fits under layers with small binos it works perfect. Maybe not what you're looking for but maybe someone else may find them useful.
I have made one similar and I did like it, but it leaves the binoculars a little too exposed for me.

I’m not aware of one that works exactly like that but explain what you’re wanting it for and maybe there’s another solution to your problem.
I have looked all around with no luck. I want to be able to pop that piece off of my chest and set it on the ground next to me while turkey hunting or even on a gear strap in a tree and quickly attach it back on if I need to move.

I have looked all around with no luck. I want to be able to pop that piece off of my chest and set it on the ground next to me while turkey hunting or even on a gear strap in a tree and quickly attach it back on if I need to move.

You could probably have @always89y take any of the many harnesses that have buckles in all 4 corners and add an x shaped piece of elastic webbing that connects by g-hook to the webbing behind each buckle that would keep the harness on your body while you undo the buckles. I’m not sure undoing 4 buckles to set down the pouch really less effort than undoing one buckle and lifting the harness over your head, but maybe Jerry could come up with something better.

Thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to give this a try. Just ordered mine. I have been using a shoelace for my binos for the last 40 years. I like to carry them under my left arm pit and not on my chest. They are out of the way but easily accessible. Under the arm pit provides protection from the elements too. I never go hunting without my Leupold binos and I can rarely see more than 40 yards or so where I hunt most of the time.

Do you wear a turkey vest or keep a backpack on? Could try adding the opposite buckle that's on your pouch to the straps on the backpack or vest and detach it from there. Forget the harness all together.

Or like @boxerboxer said, you could always reach out to Jerry. I'm sure he could come up with something.

1000003786.gif

BT

Back