• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diamond Deploy SB

cb750

Just picked this bow up today. And it's the best!! Just kidding. I am hoping it will be though. I have been shooting a Diamond Infinite Edge for the last couple years. While it's not a bad bow it does leave some things to be desired.
So the other day I walked into the pro shop and saw some Demo models on sale...I picked up a kitted out Diamond Deploy SB and was blown away by the lack of weight. It's Bowtech's carbon riser and in comparison to what I was shooting it's significantly lighter. I went home not wanting to spend the money. About 30% off new. Plus this was not the R.A.K. kit either, it came with a great upgraded sight, stabilizer and silencers.

I went back today and test fired it. Holy cow! What difference. The draw stop gives it a defined back wall which I really like compared to my infinite edge. No hand shock that I noticed and the 80% let off really is great. I was able to hold full draw for 1 minute and still make good shot.

So first impressions I like this bow a lot. It's not a flagship bow I know that. But it has some great features that make it a marked improvement over the edge series bows.

So lesson learned buy a good bow at the start. I would have preferred to start with a bow like this than to upgrade 2 years in.

As I get more time with it I will update this post with my findings. Hopefully I'll be successful with it this year.

I have one of the older infinite edge bows I keep for a backup. I want to say it's around an 08 or 09 model. As far as I know they're good bows. I think folks like Diamond, Mission and Bear make good bows for someone that wants a new bow but doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg.

Sometimes I think Diamond doesn’t get enough love. I’ve been shooting my Diamond Justice since the 2008 season. I’ve threatened myself to upgrade about a dozen times, but it kills deer and has never failed me. If I found a demo Diamond, I’d be tempted for sure!

Just shoot what fits & you can afford the rest will work itself out. I’ve had 4 flagship bows in the last 12 years or so ( the bow that I shot the best with was a darton maverick xl, sold it to buy a blazing fast pse dreamseason) been through 3 since then & none of them shot as naturally well for me as that old darton. So just keep shooting them until you find the one ( then buy a backup & don’t sell either)

So follow up since we weigh everything here. Infinite edge 5lbs 3oz
Deploy 4lbs 4oz
Infinite edge 63db
Deploy 60db.

I measured the sound using a free sound meter app. I will say this was done with me standing over the meter in the same place outside. I could see the spike in the meter from the release. Distance from the meter was the same each time give or take an inch. Have no experience with the meters so I don't have a clue about accuracy. But don't think a deer will discern a 3db difference.

Funny how the mind can trick you it "felt" quiter.

Back