• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY lone wolf seat platform attachment method.

Dirtybird

I’m in the process of building a diy platform from a lone wolf seat. I’ve got everything but an attachment method. What I’m on the fence about is I want a way to attach a strap without having to feed the webbing back through the buckle every time. What kind of quick attachments are you guys using for this.

Now that I'm spamming your thread. The thing to keep in mind is the tension on that strap keeps the hook "fastened" and if you were to kick your platform up and it uncammed and loosed up to release the hook, then your whole platform setup could fall to the ground.
I've never had it happen, but I do believe its a possibility with this setup... which I believe is the best way regardless.
Always tether in and minimize slack prior to climbing onto your platform.

I use a 8kn rated rope in 6mm attached with a figure 8 on a bight on my stationary side then basically use the Wild Edge rope method for the free end. Works great, locks in solid when cammed, easy to adjust, and comes out pretty easy when uncammed.
fb537a2f4f28ab8f92c64c26dc479c2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Here is how I do it. I toe hook it to cam lock.

Here is a close up of the ‘button runner’ that I make to attach steps. This will show you the basic principe. I use a continuous piece for tree steps, but for my platform I use a simple Amsteel daisy chain on one side and a soft shackle (girth hitched) on the other.

Late tp tje party on ths one......sorry. Why not use a bit longer "stem" and an add-on versa button???

You certainly could, but not would add more weight and bulk. Mine cams over rock solid just like it is.
Having said that, I’m really liking the Latitude X-wing that I recently purchased.

just curious. For the guys that have done this. How does that cast hold up? I would be worried that it couldn’t handle the camming action.

They have broken. Always tether in prior to stepping on your platform.
This is precsely the reason I have not followed through with a platform build out of a LW seat.......maybe it will hold up and maybe not. I trust my TL EDP and it is worth what I paid for it. Sometimes the DIY gene can pay off and other times not so much.

Back