• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do I need to add or modify my buy list?

bootsndog

I'm trying to price out a sit-drag and RCH set-up. I'm going to pair that with a one-stick climbing method and rappelling from the top. I'm trying to figure out if it's cost effective enough or if it would be worth going with a prepared kit. My understanding is that if I invest now in the lineman and tether and stick, I can upgrade the harness later.

The sit-drag would based of OUTDOOR 62 design. Three pouches to hold ropes. A Amsteel bridge for the tether and a separate lineman rope.

The RCH would be connected to the same tether as the sit drag with a rappel device .

Sit-drag set-up:
-Sit Drag ($33)
-Dump Pouch ($10) x 2
-Water Bottle Pouch ($10)
-17337 Molle Webbing ($12)
-Locking Carabiner ($13) x2
-Lineman Sterling HTP 10’ ($10)
-Beal Jammy Prussic 35 cm ($16) x2
-Buckle or belt ($1)
-Bridge Amsteel blue line 1/4 line ($3)

$147

Rock Climbing Harness:
-RCH ($50)
-Tether/rappel Sterling HTP 40’ ($40)
-Mad rock lifeguard ($100)
-Tag line w/ carabiner($0)
$219

Single Climbing stick
-Climbing sticks ($100)
-Aiders ($0)
$100

MISC:
-Pull-up rope 30’ ($0)
-Gear hanging loop ($0)

Looks like solid logic, your math isn’t way off. I would add consideration for a different adjustable bridge , not much more cost . Also if you dropped the RCH & sit drag & invested another 90-100$ you could get a solid used rated saddle setup with more comfort . Nothing wrong with the plan though…..

Looks like solid logic, your math isn’t way off. I would add consideration for a different adjustable bridge , not much more cost . Also if you dropped the RCH & sit drag & invested another 90-100$ you could get a solid used rated saddle setup with more comfort . Nothing wrong with the plan though…..
Are you talking about a lineman or something similar?

Or do you mean not using amsteel?

I'm kinda liking the idea of a sit drag cause I'm a hefty guy. The only other saddle I'm really considering is the cruz xc, but that adds +160 to the cost.

It's not much different in the grand scheme, but I can more easily buy the sit-drag and rch piece meal. And use them in other areas of my life if saddle.huntung isnt for me.

Are you talking about a lineman or something similar?

Or do you mean not using amsteel?

I'm kinda liking the idea of a sit drag cause I'm a hefty guy. The only other saddle I'm really considering is the cruz xc, but that adds +160 to the cost.

It's not much different in the grand scheme, but I can more easily buy the sit-drag and rch piece meal. And use them in other areas of my life if saddle.huntung isnt for me.
Also a big guy & its amsteel as a durable bridge that I’m not in love with. That’s personal preference & trial & error. I like oplux or similar for an adjustable bridge. Plus you don’t know your preference for bridge geometry anyway yet. I understand your reasoning for plug & play components but a sit drag /rch isn’t super comfortable then is it a fair comparison for dipping your toe in the water?? Shoot me a Pm I can loan you something to test in before you drop$$

Back