• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Don't be a fool, wrap your tool

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Obviously we're talking about wrapping the straps on your climbing sticks.

I brought this up a couple years ago after 2 followed my aiders up the tree in Illinois and busted me. After those encounters I switched to camo webbing and secured the aiders before climbing to the next stick.

Time is getting close. Don't miss out on an opportunity like I did.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice title!! What about cranford ropes flying in the wind? That is my go to for this season....

Such a valid point. I saw the Hunting Beast video, he said the buck looked at the strap then followed them up the tree and busted him. I don’t know if my straps ever busted me in the past, but I know they won’t this season for sure

I agree try not leaving anything loose nice an tight nothing to move even in a slight breeze

I had a buck at about 15 yards lock onto my aider moving in the breeze. Same scenario. He followed it up the tree and got sketchy. He backpedaled and kind of took a semi circle away from me. I was able to put in a good shot at 30 but it almost cost me. I’ve since switched to a movable aider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously we're talking about wrapping the straps on your climbing sticks.

I brought this up a couple years ago after 2 followed my aiders up the tree in Illinois and busted me. After those encounters I switched to camo webbing and secured the aiders before climbing to the next stick.

Time is getting close. Don't miss out on an opportunity like I did.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would like to practice wrapping my straps on my sticks with the new Tethrd mini-Versa staps. I wonder how long I am going to have to wait..........

Back