• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double step for Lone Wolf sticks

Buzby

I’m working on a double step for the top step of my sticks. At the design stage now. This is new software to me. I’m working on this in my spare time at work, so it might take a while before I’m standing on one. I might have a few extra available at some point.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1515691433.319421.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1515691454.679441.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1515691464.615084.jpg
Working on an alternate version too
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1515691482.041849.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1515691507.520571.jpg

I would put some muddy pro folding steps on top of lone wolfs if I had some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have my own CNC, but I do have access to one at work. The second picture is a stress test. 250lbs downward pressure on the very edges of the step. 0.39mm deflection in a titanium step. Aluminum was still only .43mm. I had assumed that titanium would be significantly stronger, and I could trim down the design to further save weight.

That's nice !!!!!
Thanks

I’m on version 4 now. I keep finding flaws. Obviously keeping weight to a minimum, and load capicity reasonably high is priority. Im going to work on getting them to allow stacking of multiple sticks. Have not really had much time to work on it lately.

I made some for my lone wolf sticks, although not all fancy like you guys, I just winged it on a template step and traced it on others. I cut the aluminum with woodworking tools which is not the safest way to do things, but it worked. The problem I've had is the holes in the tube frame of the stick wallows out bad over time. I'm going to probably purchase a set of heliums this year due to that issue. I also do t like the fact of not being able to fold the steps, they seem to get hooked on everything to me. Just my experience.

Thanks

I’m on version 4 now. I keep finding flaws. Obviously keeping weight to a minimum, and load capicity reasonably high is priority. Im going to work on getting them to allow stacking of multiple sticks. Have not really had much time to work on it lately.
When you get em like you want em...put me down for 4. Furreal! Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

I made some for my lone wolf sticks, although not all fancy like you guys, I just winged it on a template step and traced it on others. I cut the aluminum with woodworking tools which is not the safest way to do things, but it worked. The problem I've had is the holes in the tube frame of the stick wallows out bad over time. I'm going to probably purchase a set of heliums this year due to that issue. I also do t like the fact of not being able to fold the steps, they seem to get hooked on everything to me. Just my experience.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep an eye on the tubing. I was looking for a set of heliums originally, but they won’t have anymore available for several months. I was anxious to get climbing! The first time I used the lone wolf’s I knew I wanted a double top step.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep an eye on the tubing. I was looking for a set of heliums originally, but they won’t have anymore available for several months. I was anxious to get climbing! The first time I used the lone wolf’s I knew I wanted a double top step.
I definitely like the double step. I saw someone else on hear making double steps similar to yours and cut a notch in the backside of the step to nestle down onto the square tubing which would probably help alleviate some of the pressure put specifically on the bolt and hole in the tubing. I'll find it and copy the link.

Take a look at the General Discussion section on a post called Climbing stick question, seeking advice. @ImThere had the pic posted that he is having made like I was speaking of I believe.

Thanks

Im not as much worried about the weight as much as strength cause I would only use/need 1. I climb using the one stick method.

I’m working on a double step for the top step of my sticks. At the design stage now. This is new software to me. I’m working on this in my spare time at work, so it might take a while before I’m standing on one. I might have a few extra available at some point.
View attachment 3673
View attachment 3674
View attachment 3675
Working on an alternate version too
View attachment 3676
View attachment 3677

Very cool - I am just getting into saddle hunting and am interested in getting a double step for my top LW stick. I don't have the tools or skills probably to make one but I'd be interested in buying one once you figure it out. I am still working my way through all the forum posts to educate myself so not sure if any others have figured out a good mod to get a double step for the lone wolf sticks but if anyone has info please let me know.

Thanks

Very cool - I am just getting into saddle hunting and am interested in getting a double step for my top LW stick. I don't have the tools or skills probably to make one but I'd be interested in buying one once you figure it out. I am still working my way through all the forum posts to educate myself so not sure if any others have figured out a good mod to get a double step for the lone wolf sticks but if anyone has info please let me know.

Thanks
Do a search on archery talk. That's where I found the info to make the ones I use.

Definitely like the design, I can help test it out if your looking for gene pigs.

Unfortunately, I have not made a lot of progress on these lately. I have finalized a drawing, taking some suggestion from others. I’m needing some assistance from the CNC gurus at work to get the drawings into the machines. They have both agreed to help, when they can. They keep those guys pretty busy, so “government jobs” aren’t a priority.

Back