• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double wrap tether on screw link...

As in a sling

So at my work when we need to lift or more often times, drag something we double wrap a sling to choke whatever it is we’re moving. Does this principle apply to the tether while at height ? Obviously if I have 35 feet of rope to spare with my combined tether/ rappel line, an extra turn isn’t giving up much, especially when I won’t be climbing to near 30 ft.( If it comes to that I’d just go get a longer rope) One downside I see is just having to make an extra pass while not tied in, but with a linesman belt it still makes me way less spooky than taking that step across from a ladder stick to a hang on stand ‍

Back