• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

doublestep.com

parkersdad

Just to let you guys know I was on doublestep.com and had a few questions. I was going to give them a call and noticed that they have a new chat button at the bottom of their webpage. On a whim I clicked on it and asked the question I had and got a response within seconds. DanO has always had good customer service but now it just got even better. Just wanted to let you guys know. Now if you’re sitting in the woods and the deer aren’t moving and you have a question about product you can get answers quietly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I fire up the chat will they help me kill deer? Haha can I send obscure screen shots of maps and get feedback on where the deer are bedding?

Not unless he hires Dan Infalt to work his chat page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been researching his aiders and daisy chains a lot lately. I don’t trust myself making my own. But I’ve heard great things about his stuff

Been researching his aiders and daisy chains a lot lately. I don’t trust myself making my own. But I’ve heard great things about his stuff
amsteel is super easy to make aiders, rope mods, linemans etc...lots of good youtube vids

I was pretty hesitant myself. But found the process pretty easy myself once I actually got into it. The tutorial that helped me a lot was made by @AJ Wright. He also has a video on an aider, but honestly for my beast stick, it put A LOT of wear on it going through the holes on the beast step. If I wasn't so lite, I probably wouldn't trust it.

Daisy Chain Tutorial:

If I was going to make an amsteel aider at this point, I would copy @Red Beard workhorse idea most likely.

But there are plenty of tutorials out there. If you are really wanting to buy it, check out The Amsteel Guy @Sam Switalski

If I was going to make an amsteel aider at this point, I would copy @Red Beard workhorse idea most likely.
The workhorse concept shines in terms of adjustability as you can move your steps in small increments until you reach your desired gait.

The workhorse concept shines in terms of adjustability as you can move your steps in small increments until you reach your desired gait.
Seems like a pretty cool idea. I assume this would let you have a different step length for early/late season and different clothing too potentially.

Back