• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dressing up the Buzzard Roost and a lil rope mod

bfriendly

I found myself in need of a carabiner the other day while at height. This was my first sit in the Buzzard Roost and Im no longer using a secondary bridge. That secondary bridge connected via carabiner and also held the prussik brake on my old saddle…….nor did I have my dump pouch which always has an extra biner or two. I was waiting on a fleece pouch so I put my ATC and it’s biner in my roll up pouch. I was NOT going to rappel without a brake on my ATC. I never panicked, but had to use a cheap keychain for the prussik brake. After gently loading the ATC and seeing the biner hold the brake, I immediately took the carabiner from my tether and added it to the brake prussik, then removed the cheap one. Not a big deal really, but when your 15’up, it doesn’t take much for the pucker factor to join the party!
As soon as I got home, I added a carabiner to the back of my saddle. I
A few days later I got my EWO package and started dressing up the new saddle.
I didn’t know my fleece pouch would easily hold the 40’ of C-IV, or I may have got 2. I love the roll up pouch I’ve been using, but ordered a vertical one to try out. I’ve been using an S type hook to hang my platform to my saddle, but found this 12kn biner to work just as well, even better. I use singing rock or Madrock carabiners for all my main line connections, but would not hesitate to use one of these in a pinch. I’m adding these to my let down line too. I now have my SRT rope, but didn’t order the dyna loop. Instead of hitching paracord to it, I added an S clip to the end…..a hot nail will go right through your rope!
BTW-there are lots of adjustment possibilities with the new saddle, but it was amazingly comfy and I haven’t adjusted anything yet.
Here are some pictures of what I did.
7D37CDEA-625F-4069-AF92-0AB142D6549B.jpegA946C510-7E59-4F77-9BB2-A4DA16C88979.jpeg5DD3B007-BA46-4763-88AF-E3D792B55A4C.jpegB3652792-82B4-47C1-B707-D79F255A1E4A.jpeg707D1D57-C2DF-4698-BEF1-BB4AF88CF40C.jpegC93C9022-7D1F-405B-A4C6-50C2C2F6FE25.jpegAA60527C-E6D9-4781-B867-4082C1A7B30C.jpeg

Pics are not in the best order, sorry. I will say this adjustable bridge is amazing and even if you let the entire bridge out, the tender will hold it. The EWO fleece pouch connectors are PERFECT and easy to install with a little tool. I should climb my first SRT tomorrow…..gotta go to work now!

Good to hear the bridge is working for you. I feel like the tender is solid!!!
Like a rock! This whole thing is sweet! I’m so pleased! I went back to the Ropeman 1 on my tether after struggling with a self tending hitch. I got a bunch of those S clips for presets so I added one to the wire handle on the RM 1. After just connecting it, I realized how much quieter the RM is compared to the triangle shaped mechanical I like so much and was using.

I found myself in need of a carabiner the other day while at height. This was my first sit in the Buzzard Roost and Im no longer using a secondary bridge. That secondary bridge connected via carabiner and also held the prussik brake on my old saddle…….nor did I have my dump pouch which always has an extra biner or two. I was waiting on a fleece pouch so I put my ATC and it’s biner in my roll up pouch. I was NOT going to rappel without a brake on my ATC. I never panicked, but had to use a cheap keychain for the prussik brake. After gently loading the ATC and seeing the biner hold the brake, I immediately took the carabiner from my tether and added it to the brake prussik, then removed the cheap one. Not a big deal really, but when your 15’up, it doesn’t take much for the pucker factor to join the party!
As soon as I got home, I added a carabiner to the back of my saddle. I
A few days later I got my EWO package and started dressing up the new saddle.
I didn’t know my fleece pouch would easily hold the 40’ of C-IV, or I may have got 2. I love the roll up pouch I’ve been using, but ordered a vertical one to try out. I’ve been using an S type hook to hang my platform to my saddle, but found this 12kn biner to work just as well, even better. I use singing rock or Madrock carabiners for all my main line connections, but would not hesitate to use one of these in a pinch. I’m adding these to my let down line too. I now have my SRT rope, but didn’t order the dyna loop. Instead of hitching paracord to it, I added an S clip to the end…..a hot nail will go right through your rope!
BTW-there are lots of adjustment possibilities with the new saddle, but it was amazingly comfy and I haven’t adjusted anything yet.
Here are some pictures of what I did.
View attachment 96736View attachment 96737View attachment 96738View attachment 96739View attachment 96740View attachment 96741View attachment 96742
What are you using the s-biner in the end of the rope for?

What are you using the s-biner in the end of the rope for?
It’s on my SRT rope. Hook to preset paracord and pull through the crotch. You can girth hitch it, but I got the idea from a loop being added to the end of ropes for the same purpose…..this goes through smoothly!

Back