• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Duck Hunting in Middle Tennessee

TNbowhunter

Random, but does anyone out there do any duck hunting in Middle Tennessee? I go about once a year to a private place up in Western Kentucky, but I've not done much here in Middle TN. I'm getting more interested in it, and I'm curious if anyone does it already here or wants to give it a go closer to home this winter, whether that's big water hunting, wood duck puddle-jumping, or something in between. Shoot me a DM if you want to discuss but keep it out of the public eye.

I've never duck hunted, but I fish and hunt around several of the blinds on public ground. What part of middle are you thinking about? I've steered away from duck hunting, as I don't need another expensive vice.... but I might change my mind.

Random, but does anyone out there do any duck hunting in Middle Tennessee? I go about once a year to a private place up in Western Kentucky, but I've not done much here in Middle TN. I'm getting more interested in it, and I'm curious if anyone does it already here or wants to give it a go closer to home this winter, whether that's big water hunting, wood duck puddle-jumping, or something in between. Shoot me a DM if you want to discuss but keep it out of the public eye.
I've shot some middle tennesee ducks and have some buddies who put in for the blind draws on old hickory etc. Occassionaly I will hunt at a club over on the Buffalo river in western/mid tn. I think around Nashville you are mostly shooting resident birds. The wood duck jumping I have tried has been pretty unsuccessful. We don't really have the habitat to make it worth it around here I don't think. Too much topography funneling water in most places

I've never duck hunted, but I fish and hunt around several of the blinds on public ground. What part of middle are you thinking about? I've steered away from duck hunting, as I don't need another expensive vice.... but I might change my mind.
That is not an acceptable attitude for this forum. Report to the support thread immediately. ;)

I've shot some middle tennesee ducks and have some buddies who put in for the blind draws on old hickory etc. Occassionaly I will hunt at a club over on the Buffalo river in western/mid tn. I think around Nashville you are mostly shooting resident birds. The wood duck jumping I have tried has been pretty unsuccessful. We don't really have the habitat to make it worth it around here I don't think. Too much topography funneling water in most places
Yeah, that makes sense. I have a place in SW KY I can go to for a cracker jack hunt, but it would be great to figure something out here in our back yards. Just haven't figured out how to make it work yet...

Back