• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dump Pouches vs. Dump Bags

BowhunterXC

I've been running Dump Pouches and the only thing I don't like about them is how much they stick out and scrape on the tree, making too much noise. :rolleyes: I was thinking that a Dump Bag would be made out of softer material, wouldn't stick out as far and would still get the job done. :)

Anyone use Dump Bags?
Are there any downsides to using Dump Bags?
Can you suggest a good brand or type of bag?

I have two, one each on the right and left rear quarter panels of my saddle connected to the molle loops. To my knowledge they’ve never scraped or touched a tree. Not even sure how they could. Both are fleece/suede like material from EWO.

Probly gonna get me some of the EWO here pretty soon. I have the same problem as OP with the heavy cordura bags.

I really like the Latitude pouch I have. I guess it's a pouch. Not sure where the dividing line between a pouch and bag is. It doesn't run on any power source, I'm not sure what feature would make a pouch run. The mesh is super quiet. I had a tethered previously that feel apart within a year, the latitude on is going strong a few years in. It hangs off the backside of my right hip, I would have to be really oddly contorted for it to scrape the tree.

I really like the Latitude pouch I have. I guess it's a pouch. Not sure where the dividing line between a pouch and bag is. It doesn't run on any power source, I'm not sure what feature would make a pouch run. The mesh is super quiet. I had a tethered previously that feel apart within a year, the latitude on is going strong a few years in. It hangs off the backside of my right hip, I would have to be really oddly contorted for it to scrape the tree.
Latitude has "Classic Dump Pouch", which is the smaller version and "The Method Dump Pouch", which is the larger version. I'm leaning towards the larger Method Dump Pouch, for the extra storage. :cool: I would say the differences between "dump pouches" and "dump bags" are how they're made....and thus how they stick out off of your hip from your saddle. The "sticking out part" is what I'm attempting to get away from with the pouches that I currently have. A dump bag would hang down and out of the way, when I'm turning around in the tree. The cordura material makes a serious scraping sound and adding anything to it to make it quieter would just add more bulk. o_O

Latitude is calling their accessories "pouches", but they appear to hang like bags. Also....they're on sale, right now. :)

I have 2 of the method dump pouches and they are plenty big. Left pouch I keep tether and lineman and still have room. My right side pouch is a 25’ retrieval 550 line I made and my G3D gear strap for hanging gear. I typically store my release and water bottle in right side also.

@Publiclandowner
I purchased the Method Dump Pouch, earlier this evening. They're just north of me, about 3 hours, so I should have it in a day or two. :cool:
Also, I noticed you're from Nebraska. My neighbor just moved here from Nebraska, to do a 3 year residency in the medical field. In comparison for all the different types of game there is to hunt, I would much rather live there, than here. :)

@BowhunterXC
I love the state but it’s like 97% privately owned so the public ground is generally crowded and private if you don’t own any usually comes at a premium $$ to hunt lol.

I lived in Wyoming for 5 years and occasionally contemplate moving back there for the elk hunting and endless public ground

I've been running Dump Pouches and the only thing I don't like about them is how much they stick out and scrape on the tree, making too much noise. :rolleyes: I was thinking that a Dump Bag would be made out of softer material, wouldn't stick out as far and would still get the job done. :)

Anyone use Dump Bags?
Are there any downsides to using Dump Bags?
Can you suggest a good brand or type of bag?
EWO Fleece. no noise, Only kind I'll use.

Back