• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eastern VA/MD archery instructor wanted

Red Beard

SH Member
Hey yall. My daughters are part of a young ladies organization which is seeking to conduct a one-day archery day on 13 APR. There is a requirement for the teacher/instructor to be certified. While I am a long-time archery enthusiast and I plan on participating in the event, I do not hold a certification.

I am looking for someone in the eastern VA or southeastern MD area who may be able to help us out. If you hold a certification and would be willing/available, please contact me.

Thank yall!

caveat: i don't qualify but am interested/ nosey so... can you be a bit more specific re: location? some of us MD people consider VA a different country lol, and SE MD (like eastern shore/ southern PG etc) can be a bit of a hike for some as well. i think the OG marylanders on here (not including me in that list, i think you know who they are) are more Northern/Western, but may consider a drive. is this a Trad event or compound as well? and event only for young laidies in said org? ive got a 6 and an 8 year old with middling interest in archery at the moment but doing it with some other girls instead of their dad may increase that...

I don’t know anyone that holds a certification either. You might want to reach out to MBS or the VA equivalent.

Hey yall. My daughters are part of a young ladies organization which is seeking to conduct a one-day archery day on 13 APR. There is a requirement for the teacher/instructor to be certified. While I am a long-time archery enthusiast and I plan on participating in the event, I do not hold a certification.

I am looking for someone in the eastern VA or southeastern MD area who may be able to help us out. If you hold a certification and would be willing/available, please contact me.

Thank yall!
Hey have you reached out to the Issac Walton League? There’s a FFX chapter and the Alexandria chapter is located in Stafford which is closer to your parts.

In addition to the FFX Chapter, Izaak Walton has a Rockville Chapter. Haven't shot there, but it's not too far from I-270. There's also Southern Maryland Archers in Upper Marlboro, that has a good youth program.

No certifications, but I’ve got two daughters, 4 and 7, who are both excited about archery and we live in DC, so definitely interested in events like this. My oldest has been on hunts with me before and she just got through hunter’s ed to get her first hunting license in the fall.

Back