• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberhart saddle

Bowhunter41002

Ok I got this thing today. Don’t laugh but I’m really struggling getting it on. Anybody got any tips??

I’m about to throw it out man. I just can’t figure it out. Dang it should be so simple. I get it inside out then upside down then backwards then twisted. How does this thing work?????

I’m about to throw it out man. I just can’t figure it out. Dang it should be so simple. I get it inside out then upside down then backwards then twisted. How does this thing work?????
Did you watch his video on it? I don't own one, but it should be similar to a recon and an anderson. Both are more complicated than a single panel saddle, but not really that bad.

Grab it by the bridge and let it dangle. Then use your other hand to make small adjustments until the two panels are laying mostly in line with each other. Then check for molle loops to see which way is up.

Hey man, I had one, looked up a video Mr Eberhart did. Maybe it's on Tethrd's web site? Maybe it was on here?? The video was very helpful about putting it on, and tightening the belt for walking, and stuff like that. Very helpful video, just don't remember where I found it.
Do try Tethrd's website. Or youtube.

Grab it by the bridge and let it dangle. Then use your other hand to make small adjustments until the two panels are laying mostly in line with each other. Then check for molle loops to see which way is up.
Exactly my suggestion.
Also note which way the straps go thru the rings. I think the ESS is like the Recon in that the bottom section straps enter the rings from the inside and exit to the outside to form the top section.
Yeah, slings can be a little squirrely at first but that design fact is what produces THE most comfortable saddles.
Its one thing I like better about the Recon. You have to actually TRY to twist the straps at the plates but the ESS ring slots are more open which can cause inadvertent strap twist.
It aint hard once you get the "hang" of it (no pun intended).

One thing im learning is simpllfy this crap. One to many straps , belts , or panels. Makes too much fiddle faddle fumbling for me.
im not farmiliar with this type saddle at all.
yet i do use an old 2007 trophyline so I probably wouldn’t. If theres a problem im sure big johnny will hell and fix it

Back