• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberlestock F1 Mainframe - How are you running it?

BlackpowderGuy (AJHS)

SH Member
Sep 20, 2022
Hi All - Just got and Eberlestock F1 mainframe and it sits on me very well…I am running a Mission with 4 Skeletor Sticks…I bought the bat wings but intend to return them, I don’t think they will work for me. My current plan is to to place the platform flat against the frame, sticks on either side of the post and then a small daypack resting on top of them that I will actually carry up the tree with me- I will hide the mainframe nearby. Anybody got any pics they can share about how they are loading their sticks and platform on the F1? - Relatedly, I think I am will get the Eberlestock Bandit as my small daypack, it has an adjustable torso which I need, and seems like it would be a good small pack for scouting trips, also to use when I use my climber instead of my saddle gear. Thoughts on it?

207bowhunter

SH Member
Nov 13, 2020
Maine
The smaller one is an eberlestock large accessory pouch ,the other is one off amazon i think.. ill find out and let you know

Kayl

Mar 20, 2021
Wisconsin
I experimented with my pack today and while I really like the pack, I'm struggling to get it all together nicely. The main issue is that the EDP doesn't fit behind the batwings. I rigged up some molle-compatible straps that I had lying around from another pack to get it up at the top of the batwings.
PXL_20221011_175105975 (Large).jpgPXL_20221011_181414152 (Large).jpg

I am a little unusual in that I one stick, but do really like to have a platform for all day sits. This is my "cold weather" pack out with boot covers, extreme mittens, headwear, Tethrd warmer, etc. The FHF blaze panel is really nice IMO; it gives you an extra pocket to stash layers in. The second photo is with the blaze panel removed so you can see how I packed the bag. Winter coat between the batwings with the EDP inside. (After thinking more about this, I realized it was a terrible spot for the EDP!), boot covers stashed in with the coat, EWO UOS over top with compression straps. Mittens, warmer, etc in a batwing, kill kit, calls, food, water in the other batwing.

PXL_20221011_174945986 (Large).jpgPXL_20221011_174952831 (Large).jpg

Next is a earlier season all day layout with the EDP. For this one, I stuffed my coat liner/softshell on the bottom. I think I'm going to get some nylon straps and try strapping the UOS on the bottom of the shelf and the EDP and coat just above it.

PXL_20221011_181322318 (Large).jpgPXL_20221011_181337035 (Large).jpg

Sorry for the picture dump; this is the first time I've experimented with the pack. I haven't had it out in the field yet, but am so far pretty happy. I do have to say that this experimentation just shows me how good the SOG Opord Daypack is for the money. I'm excited to get out and put this pack through the paces, but dang if that Opord isn't amazing for under $40.

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Aug 21, 2020
Westminster Maryland
I experimented with my pack today and while I really like the pack, I'm struggling to get it all together nicely. The main issue is that the EDP doesn't fit behind the batwings. I rigged up some molle-compatible straps that I had lying around from another pack to get it up at the top of the batwings.
View attachment 73549View attachment 73548

I am a little unusual in that I one stick, but do really like to have a platform for all day sits. This is my "cold weather" pack out with boot covers, extreme mittens, headwear, Tethrd warmer, etc. The FHF blaze panel is really nice IMO; it gives you an extra pocket to stash layers in. The second photo is with the blaze panel removed so you can see how I packed the bag. Winter coat between the batwings with the EDP inside. (After thinking more about this, I realized it was a terrible spot for the EDP!), boot covers stashed in with the coat, EWO UOS over top with compression straps. Mittens, warmer, etc in a batwing, kill kit, calls, food, water in the other batwing.

View attachment 73550View attachment 73551

Next is a earlier season all day layout with the EDP. For this one, I stuffed my coat liner/softshell on the bottom. I think I'm going to get some nylon straps and try strapping the UOS on the bottom of the shelf and the EDP and coat just above it.

View attachment 73552View attachment 73553

Sorry for the picture dump; this is the first time I've experimented with the pack. I haven't had it out in the field yet, but am so far pretty happy. I do have to say that this experimentation just shows me how good the SOG Opord Daypack is for the money. I'm excited to get out and put this pack through the paces, but dang if that Opord isn't amazing for under $40.
I have the Opord too! It is a pretty nice value. I cut the mesh from the side of it and it allow me to fit even the LWCG Ambush platform.

1665515324698.png

So have you consider not using the zip but use the molle only? The Batwing have them so if you want to use them for something like a M1 frame.

Look at this video.

gcr0003

SH Member
Nov 1, 2018
I was looking at getting some bat wings but I think it would make more sense to have the batwings zipped together (to hold them to the pack), and then use the straps that go across to hold your gear to the outside of the batwings. Then if you killed, unzip the two batwings, put the meat in between, then attach your stick to the outside.

When I get home I’ll show you the neat mod that the guy I bought my m1 from did. He put two bolts through the top of the frame that the bracket of the stand will attach too. I think it would work pretty well for you but I doubt you’d want to be cutting on a brand new $400 system.

gcr0003

SH Member
Nov 1, 2018
View attachment 73549View attachment 73548

View attachment 73550View attachment 73551

View attachment 73552View attachment 73553

There’s gotta be efficient way to fit all that stuff. Keep posting your photos, they are getting my brain working.

BlackpowderGuy (AJHS)

SH Member
Sep 20, 2022
OK, I am still playing around with it, but here it is with 4 skeletors, Mission platform, dump punch on waist band with tether and lineman's, bag with kill kit, sweater, 2 liters of water and ozone thing, range finder, pull up rope, winter parka and size 3xl bib...36 pounds. Not light...but then just the sticks and platform make up 15 pounds. IMG_2297.JPG

gcr0003

SH Member
Nov 1, 2018
Can someone show me how to attach the eberlstock shoulder straps? They’re a little different the other packs I have. Is it 4 bars apart and under one webbing on top and bottom? Thanks!AC637F53-A8C4-4DCE-9075-827E965D5455.jpeg

gcr0003

SH Member
Nov 1, 2018
75 lbs is no joke. I threw this on the e m1 frame to see what it felt like. I could carry the weight but man it would still be some work!8E712099-C4E8-433F-9048-A8C7E6503A71.jpeg5B7FF9EC-AFE4-4259-95D1-5B20F89EDC96.jpeg

Kayl

Mar 20, 2021
Wisconsin
Here's what I'm running for my winter load out. One stick behind the layers, up against the batwings. If I bring my platform, it's between the one stick and layers. Winter coat up top, bibs down low. Boot covers get sandwiched between stick and platform or stick and layers. I climb with my pack on in early season, but pull it up when it has all these layers on it.
Screenshot_20221116-182250.png