• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EWO ONE STICK?

ecfire1967

Does the one stick platform move with side pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, solid. Bc you’re setting with your body weight during climb.

Nope, very solid. If you have a platform on the stick, you may sense that the platform will flex ever so slightly if you’re really jumping on the outside edge- but no more than any other platform out there. It’s a very strong build. Highly recommend.

Ditto to everything above, the shorter the stick & larger the platform then your chances are greater. But the standoffs bite well. Only scenario I could see would be EWO ultimate platform on a sub 15-16” stick & smooth bark tree……. But that’s pretty extreme

I have used a 15” EWO with UP for 2 seasons. The integrated standoff makes the stick rock solid on the tree. You can swing around on the extreme side of the platform and you can’t get it to move. I’ve even swung around to the backside of the tree with my feet straddling the tree specifically trying to get it to move….nope, doesn’t move.

What length stick are most of y’all using? 12? 15? Or 18?

I ordered a 15in set up today. I’m going all in on this one stick thing

18 and it’s packable but I often wish when climbing and shin banging on the platform it was 21.
Shin banging.. that's the thing to watch out for. I debated if longer of shorter would help reduce that. My end decision was more practice. Mine is a 15" stick. If dug it properly to the tree Handel's side loading very well. Funky tree where it doesn't sit very flat gets a little movement. But never had it kick out on me.

What length stick are most of y’all using? 12? 15? Or 18?

I ordered a 15in set up today. I’m going all in on this one stick thing

I’m going with the rest on this one. At least a 15” with the UP on top and frankly, I have wondered more than once whether an 18 would be even better. 15” is probably a good tweener. I traded with my friend who had a 12” with a flat platform and I let him use my 15” with the angled platform for a couple of sits and nope, wouldn’t want a 12” or the flat. My friend bought one like mine after that. Some do like the 12 though.

I did something a little different, I don’t know if it’s stupid or not but I like it. My stick is 24”, my standoffs are top and bottom my platform is 16” from the bottom and I use the rest as a handle instead of rope or wire.
ff4fa6e1fdd605b367602ae739c63fa3.jpg

What is the 12" or 15" or 18" in reference to, as it applies to description of length?

I did something a little different, I don’t know if it’s stupid or not but I like it. My stick is 24”, my standoffs are top and bottom my platform is 16” from the bottom and I use the rest as a handle instead of rope or wire.
ff4fa6e1fdd605b367602ae739c63fa3.jpg

Looks interesting. I am always modifying my stuff…sometimes it works sometimes, it sucks. Thanks rutjr I am always stealing others ideas.
Is that the new magnetic EWO standoffs on that metal pipe?? lol

Yes, but what abt top of bottom step to top of top step/platform? Or is it total length?
@Samcirrus EWO calls mine a 12" I just measured it. The total over all is 13" and from the top of bottom step to top of platform is 11".
Surprised to see your interest I have been starting to copy your 2tc stuff as I think that will turn out to be a better system then one stick.
We are not far apart under 2 hours, we could meet up once the snow is gone to try each others equipment

@Samcirrus EWO calls mine a 12" I just measured it. The total over all is 13" and from the top of bottom step to top of platform is 11".
Surprised to see your interest I have been starting to copy your 2tc stuff as I think that will turn out to be a better system then one stick.
We are not far apart under 2 hours, we could meet up once the snow is gone to try each others equipment
Oh I really have no interest in 1 sticking as a climbing method, but I am designing and building an all carbon 1 stick so just seeing what the popular dimensions were. I didn't realize they were so short!

As for meeting up, that would be great! I have yet to meet anyone on here yet, and got lots of different things to try!

Back