• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Exodus cell cams not always sending status reports?

fr0sty

Hi all, posting this to ask if you're having any problems with your exodus cell cams skipping sending status reports. I have 3 renders and 1 rival ( all on Verizon network all with latest firmware) and they all skip updates regularly.

Sometimes it's once (mine are set to connect every 3 hours) and sometimes it multiple days of not sending and then it comes back . Cams show 100% external battery, and 4 or 5 connection bars.

It started just when archery season opened last September and has been kind of annoying. I do have a ticket opened with exodus support, but wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue.

Last edited:
I know this is late but are you still having these problems? I just bought the new Rival camera and it won’t stay connected to service. It seems to turnoff after a day or so and not capturing any pictures. Exodus support sent me a new camera, I still have the same problem. Now they are telling they are sending me new SIM card and they are bringing out a new Exodus app and data plans. Am I to believe this will fix it?

I fixed that initial problem by formating the SD card in the cam (not sending the format request via scoutek). Used an exodus sd card too.

The renders still regularly skip staus updates, sometimes for days at a time.

My rival stops connecting when the temps are below 20 degrees but I haven't asked about that one.

Last edited:
Just got thr cams back. Didn't skip status reports and the power usage was norm. Chad said energizer lithium batteries have had a lot of duds the last few years, which will cause the good batteries to drain.

Putting them back in the field soon and will see what happens.

It could be an issue with the app also, they are making a new app and get rid of the old one. They may be changing something up and it’s not working now. either way exodus has great customer service and will take care of the problem.

Give you guys a lot of credit for hanging with this company. Not something I'd do with the litany of problems over a period of time.

Back